This cookie recipe is so wonderful, it holds it shape when baked and tastes just WONDERFUL!
You will fall in love with this sugar cookie recipe.
The cookies are light and tasty without being heavy or tough.
They are not overly sugary and taste great alone or with a thin or thick glaze icing on top.
This recipe makes approximately 3 dozen 2 1/2 inch cookies rolled about 1/4″ thick ( of course it will depend on the shape of the cookie)
This dough is tender and the scraps can be rolled again and agin without becoming tough.
Oh, how I just LOVE the smell of fresh baked cookies!
Be sure to let the cookies cool before moving them, or the shape will distort.
I bake my cookies without having them brown and let them cool on the baking sheet completely.
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 2¾-3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Blend in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until the dough forms a ball.
- Roll out on floured surface and cut with cookie cutter,
- Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes, until cookies are golden but tops are not browned yet.
- Cool completely before icing.
adapted from Sweet Sugar Belle’s Lemon Poppy Cookie Recipe
Cookies all with one dough, this is a must for any cookie lover!