This is a wonderful sugar cookie recipe, I’ve been using for quite a while now.
The cookies are light and tasty with out being heavy or tough.
They are not overly sugary, and taste great alone or with a thin or thick glaze icing on top.
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 2¾-3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Blend in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until the dough forms a ball.
- Roll out on floured surface and cut with cookie cutter,
- Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes, until bottom of cookies are golden but tops are not browned yet.
- Cool completely before icing.
adapted from Sweet Sugar Belle’s Lemon Poppy Cookie Recipe