Brownies are just about the best chocolate dessert ever. These Brownie Cookies have all that BIG chocolate flavor but in perfect cookie form.
Mmmm, chewy, dense chocolatey goodness with perfect crisp edges… it’s why we LOVE brownies and why they’re one of America’s most favorite desserts.
it’s why we LOVE brownies
and why they’re one of America’s most favorite desserts.
These brownie cookies will WOW everyone!
Whenever my mother asked what special treat she could make when I was a kid,
my brother and I would shout out,
I love to spoil my kids like this, too, which is so much fun.
I wanted to make that same wonderful flavor but in a cookie.
It’s just enough of a twist on a traditional brownie to make them totally addictive!
You’ll find more of my favorites HERE.
Let’s talk chocolate for a minute,
my FAVORITE chocolate to melt down and put into delicious chocolate desserts is Ghirardelli 60% cacao chips.
They have a rich delicious flavor and I totally recommend using delicious chocolate not just any chocolate chip you may have lying around as the chocolate flavor in these is KEY to how the brownie cookie will taste.
These are perfect for holiday cookie trays and gifts, too.
I like to keep a supply of clear cellophane bags and pretty ribbon on hand for gift giving because it makes such a nice presentation.
Now, who wouldn’t just LOVE to receive a stack of these beauties as a great thank you, a get well wish, they are fun for a birthday or any occasion. These brownie cookies will become you FAVORITES, they taste great and pack well!
Well, my cookies never made it to the holiday tray or as gifts since they were gobbled up immediately,
except for the fistful my son brought over to his friend’s house to share.I’m sure they didn’t last long there, either.
I’m sure they didn’t last long there, either.
These turned out so great because the cookies have that light crispness all around (not just on the edges like a brownie) since the surface area is more exposed and is a bit thinner than a traditional brownie.
So what you get is that wonderful crispness as you bite into the cookie,
followed by the soft chocolate brownie interior.
My friend loved these so much,
she said I’ve ruined her for traditional brownies! Nope, she wants THESE instead from now on.
Nope, she wants THESE instead from now on.
they are the PERFECT texture and flavor and couldn’t have turned out better.
One of the best thing about brownies is they’re so easy to prepare
No decorating or cutting out, refrigerating or rolling.
It’s a simple drop cookie that is a snap to make.
I use 16 oz chocolate chips, most packages of chocolate are not 16oz, be sure you are using 16 oz. which is one pound.
Now if chocolate is your thing…. be sure to also check out these great recipes
- Oreo Frosting oh, the rich flavor of chocolate Oreos in a frosting perfect for cupcake and cakes and would be great on these brownie cookies too!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – the flavor in these is amazing!
- Chocolate Sprinkle Cookies – these are so cute and full of sprinkles.
- Chocolate Cake with Coffee and Cinnamon – this cake tastes amazing!
I use THIS type of scoop so that all the cookies are the same size, it’s fast and easy which means cookies will be done QUICK!
- 16 oz dark chocolate (I use Ghirardelli 60% cacao chips)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate, I do this at 30% power in the microwave for 1 minute and 10-15 seconds at full power to melt completely and stir in every 30 seconds.
- Next melt butter in the microwave, usually takes 30 seconds or so on high.
- In a medium bowl mix brown sugar and eggs with a fork, add in chocolate, butter, flour, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Scoop 3 tablespoons sized scoops of dough onto parchment lined baking sheets for these large cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14-15 minutes.
- When you remove the pan from the oven allow the cookies to cool on the pan.
- Test with a toothpick before removing the cookies from the oven, the batter should not stick to the toothpick, but be careful not to overbake or they won't be chewy, they will dry out.
Get my FREE Guide on Cookie Tips, it’ll help you bake great cookies!
LOTS of info on baking cookies here:
- cookie tips guide https://www.createdby-diane.com/cookie-tips
how to bake perfect cookies https://www.createdby-diane.com/2017/09/how-to-bake-perfect-cut-out-cookies.html
- Easy Cut Out Cookies https://www.createdby-diane.com/2011/07/sugar-cookie-recipe.html
- Cookie Dough Recipe that holds it’s shape https://www.createdby-diane.com/2011/07/sugar-cookie-recipe.html
- Soft Sugar Cookies and Frosting https://www.createdby-diane.com/2017/05/soft-sugar-cookies.html
- How to ice cookies with a piping bag https://www.createdby-diane.com/2017/07/how-to-ice-cookies-with-a-piping-bag.html
- Brush on glaze icing https://www.createdby-diane.com/2014/08/lemon-italian-cookies-with-lemon-icing.html
- resources, recipes, items, and instructions for baking perfect cookies https://www.createdby-diane.com/2017/09/how-to-bake-perfect-cut-out-cookies.html
- royal icing recipe https://www.createdby-diane.com/2013/10/royal-icing-googly-eyes.html