Celebrate all things SPRING with these adorable BUNNY COOKIES!!!
Hippity Hoppity Easter’s on its WAY!
As luck would have it, I saw a Jack Rabbit the other day.
WOW, do they have LONG ears!
He was running so fast, I didn’t even get a photo of him.
He was as cute as can be.
I don’t recall ever seeing one before, if I did I don’t think I would have forgotten those ears.
These can also be PERFECT for bunny slipper cookies for a SLEEPOVER, no sleep over should be without cute cookies!
These bunnies are easy to decorate. I used an egg shaped cookie cutters to cut them out. One was 2 1/2 x 1 1/2 the other was mini 1 1/2 x 1. The mini ones are ADORABLE.
The tails got a drop of icing them dipped in nonpareils.
AHHH….they are all hoping to get the giant carrot!
I think these would be great for a sleepover, they look like Bunny Slippers….or at least that is what they remind me of.
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup butter (melted and cooled)
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whisk eggs and butter together. In a large mixer bowl add flour, sugar, and baking powder, stir well to combine all dry ingredients together. Add the egg mixture to flour mixture along with vanilla. Blend until incorporated.
- Roll out dough on well-floured surface.
- Cut into the desired shape.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- You can roll this dough thick or thin. Adjust baking time accordingly.
- (4) cups powdered sugar
- (4-6) tablespoons water
- (1) tablespoon corn syrup
- (1) teaspoon vanilla extract
- (4-6) drops white Americolor food coloring for white icing, 2 additional drops to a portion of the icing for the pink (soft pink) and reserve a small amount and tint that black for the eyes.
The inspiration for these cookies came via Pinterest
More fun Springtime posts: