If you’re looking to see more chocolate icing on cookies, here are some mocha chip cookies with chocolate icing.
Get my FREE Cookie Guide for lots of tips and tricks to baking great cookies.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 4 Tablespoons water (slightly warm water mixes more easily than cold water)
- Mix powdered sugar, cocoa with corn syrup and water or milk until smooth and creamy. Apply to cooled cookies.
- Add more water a drop at a time to get the consistency you'd like if it's too thick, or add a teaspoon of powdered sugar at a time to thicken the icing.
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2cups butter melted and cooled (10 minutes)
- 5 cups flour
- (for chocolate cookies use 4 cups flour, 1 cup cocoa)
- 1 ¾ sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- In medium bowl whisk eggs and melted butter.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, and baking powder, make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the egg mixture then vanilla. Mix until shiny. About 2 minutes. Cover the bowl with waxed paper and let the dough stand at room temperature for 20 minutes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees roll out dough with flour and cut with a cookie cutter. Bake 12 minutes
- Makes at least 5 dozen (3inch) cookies.
- Let cookies completely cool before icing.
I made Dark Chocolate Glaze Icing and LOVED. I used Hershey’s Dark Cocoa