You’ll find a great recipe for dog biscuits plus my TOP 10 list of must-have items if you have a dog!
I’m pretty sure the day we brought home, Charlie, we thought we were rescuing him…..
turns out we now think he rescued us.
He helps us be more active, we are always getting up to let him out, to go for a walk or play fetch.
He rescued us from ever feeling like there is no one home.
He helps us realize how much love we have to give and of course, he is there every step of the way reminding us how much he loves us.
Even if it sometimes means cleaning up a chewed up mess…..he is probably trying to remind us to make sure everything is put in its place! (with a lid on it if need be)
I have baked dog biscuits before we even had a dog. We have always loved when dogs would come by for a visit!
Now that we have a dog there are so many things that we have gotten that we LOVE.
Here are my top 10 must-have items for your dog!
- THIS is essential for a puppy, but we use it every day, he loves it
- THIS makes it cozy and everyone wants to be cozy, don’t they.
- I’d much rather take the dog for a walk and use THIS than stay home cleaning all day.
- And we all sure need THESE, don’t leave home without them!
- We just switched and got THIS and it really works not more pulling me around the block
- And certainly can’t go for a walk without THIS
- We have at least 4 of THESE it’s my dogs favorite, we replace them about once a year, they last a long time, he’s a chewer!!
- Some days I wonder where THESE all go, then I’ll spot one and sure enough, they are all within a few feet of me and then I find 10 of them.
- I just love THESE, one for inside and one for outside, the bigger the better.
- and THIS, OMG this is the best at nighttime, no more walking into something I don’t want to and a clear view of what’s ahead.*My dog is microchipped, he was already chipped when we adopted him. I didn’t have a lot of info on registering him, chip info and such and thought once I did it, he would always be registered, that was not the case with the company I registered him with.I paid a fee, thought that was it, I really didn’t know through that company that it was an annual fee type of thing. So the registering of the dog wasn’t really there. I was shocked.
I’m happy to say I found a registry that then when checked through other chip identifiers, the info is there.
It’s easy to use, you can update the info as needed. HERE is the website I used.
click on the video below and see how Charlie feels about the cat that is always in our yard.
After some treats, Charlie likes to go outside.
The weather is still pretty warm here about 85 today and I really do think he thinks of going for a swim. He hasn’t jumped in on his own yet.
But he’s fallen off the edge a couple times and we’ve scooped him out after he swam to the edge.
When Charlie isn’t outside running around he can be found in his new spot…
on top of my desk.
He thinks he’s the cat!
This is Jack, he’s a Maine Coon Cat, so sweet with a wonderful personality, he likes to be right with us all day long.
The closer the better… as you can see by him being on the desk!
He has such a sweet personality but really doesn’t like his photo taken too much.
I’m happy when I get a good shot of him, this one is so cute!
Charlie is ALWAYS ready to help me with my work!
- If you like PUMPKIN Recipes be sure to check out my Pumpkin Ebook HERE.
- You’ll find more Oatmeal Recipes HERE.
- and Peanut Butter Recipes HERE.
- 3 cups oats
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Place the oatmeal into a food processor and pulse it until it's not so coarse, but it doesn't need to be fine as flour.
- Add oatmeal, pumpkin, peanut butter cinnamon baking powder and eggs to bowl on mixer and blend on medium until it's all mixed.
- Roll out with a little flour and cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool on a rack until completely cooled.
- Place in airtight container to keep them fresh, or in the freezer. I keep them in the freezer, they don't freeze solid as there is little liquid.
I have more DOG treats
- HERE (Peanut Butter Banana)
- HERE (the perfect no-bake dog or cat CAKE
- HERE (more peanut butter dog bones, these are iced and a great way to personalize them for gifts).
LOTS of info on baking cookies here:
- cookie tips guide https://www.createdby-diane.com/cookie-tips
how to bake perfect cookies https://www.createdby-diane.com/2017/09/how-to-bake-perfect-cut-out-cookies.html
- Easy Cut Out Cookies https://www.createdby-diane.com/2011/07/sugar-cookie-recipe.html
- Cookie Dough Recipe that holds it’s shape https://www.createdby-diane.com/2011/07/sugar-cookie-recipe.html
- Soft Sugar Cookies and Frosting https://www.createdby-diane.com/2017/05/soft-sugar-cookies.html
- How to ice cookies with a piping bag https://www.createdby-diane.com/2017/07/how-to-ice-cookies-with-a-piping-bag.html
- Brush on glaze icing https://www.createdby-diane.com/2014/08/lemon-italian-cookies-with-lemon-icing.html
- resources, recipes, items, and instructions for baking perfect cookies https://www.createdby-diane.com/2017/09/how-to-bake-perfect-cut-out-cookies.html
- royal icing recipe https://www.createdby-diane.com/2013/10/royal-icing-googly-eyes.html
This post includes affiliate links, I may earn a few pennies if you happen to purchase something. I only recommend products I love, I most often link to the exact item I have if available otherwise I give a very close suggested item.