Enjoy pasta even more with these great, easy to make pasta sauce recipes including low carb options to pasta as well.
Pasta and Sauces…
so yummy, no matter how you mix it up!
First, let’s talk about pasta, there are so many shapes to choose from so be sure to branch out of your norm and try something new. My go-to shapes are penne, elbow, and spaghetti, but I also love bow ties, thick fettuccini, and bell flowers!
There are over 30 recipes here…
and if you don’t eat pasta, don’t worry I have lots of options for low carb eaters too.
If you eat low carb, try some of these great options:
- zucchini noodles or dice it up, yellow squash works well too
- spiral cut or thinly slice eggplant is delicious
- spaghetti squash
- sweet potato noodles (although not considered low carb, it’s a vegetable and healthy and not processed or made from flour)
- pan-roasted or oven roasted cauliflower
I have tried the Shirataki ‘Miracle’ noodles, but honestly, I didn’t like them and prefer vegetable noodles instead.
And don’t forget about Udon, Soba, Ramen, Rice Noodles and Low Mein.
So choose your item to be sauced and begin saucing! I will most likely refer to pasta/noodles in this post but know you can use any item you prefer.
Now let’s get to the SAUCES… the possibilities are endless.
Go simple with a classic tomato (marinara) sauce
There are so many things you can add to create great flavors with tomato sauce (homemade or jar sauce)
- Garlic: you can never have too much garlic!
- Wine: add 1/4 cup red wine
- Spice it up:1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Add in some meat: brown 1 lb. of your favorite ground meat, beef, pork, chicken, turkey, then drain it and add it to your tomato sauce
- Onions and Peppers: sliced and sautéed
- Mushrooms: sliced and sautéed in a little butter
- green olives: slice them and add some tanginess try my Lemon Puttanesca Pasta too.
- Vodka Sauce – creamy and smooth with wonderful flavor add as much crushed red pepper as you like to make it spicy!
- Lemon Vodka Sauce – my personal favorite a fun twist on a classic with a delicious fresh citrus flavor, add as much garlic as you like to this one, it’s yummy
- Jalapeno Pesto – OMG this is so yummy, slather it over noodles, on a toasted baguette or some shrimp tacos for some really fresh tasting deliciousness.
- Blue Cheese and Walnut – this creamy rich delicious pasta sauce is for the blue cheese lover and beyond, really even some non-blue cheese lovers, LOVE this.
This is one of my most favorite sauce ever… if you love lemon try this Lemon Wine Sauce
- Mac and cheese – a classic that tasted delicious and you can change up the cheese options to your preference!
- Goulash – the easiest dinner to feed a family everyone will love
- Baked Ziti – a must make, and a perfect dish to bring to a friend, pot luck, and party
- Cheesesteak Mac and cheese – a super fun and flavorful dish that should make its way to the top of your must-make list
If you like baked pasta dishes, be sure to check out all my BAKED ZITI RECIPES.
Buttermilk Pasta Sauce a yummy slightly tangy sauce, add in some parmesan cheese for more flavor.
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken Pasta – no need to fry up chicken wings, just make this easy meal and enjoy the same great flavor
- Avocado Alfredo – a great twist on a classic avocado
- Pesto Tomato Mozzarella – fresh flavors that are always welcomed on the dinner table
- Creamy Shrimp and Pasta – creamy and cheesy and so yummy
- 30-Minute Ravioli Pizza – SO yummy and simple to make
Soup Recipes with Pasta:
- Inside Out Wonton Soup – the easiest way to get the great taste of your favorite take out at home in minutes
- One Pot Spaghetti Soup – THIS ONE IS A MUST!
- Italian Wedding Soup – for the meatball lover in all of us
- One Pot Chicken Noodle Soup – homemade chicken soup so tasty you’ll make it even when you’re not sick!
- Mac and Cheese Soup – a fun cheesy soup to warm you up on a cold day or to cure your cheese craving anytime
- Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup – A Greek-style soup recipe that is so full of lemony flavor it’s sure to be your favorite
Pasta Fagioli is a great comfort food recipe to enjoy anytime!
COLD Pasta Salads:
- Pepperoni Pizza Macaroni Salad – a pizza lover dream pasta salad
- Pesto Pasta Salad – a party favorite
- BLT Macaroni Salad – brighten up any day with this one
- Mexican Corn Macaroni Salad – SO fantastic you’ll be sure to make it often
- Feta Basil Balsamic Pasta Salad – one of my all-time favorites
- Lemon Dill Tuna Pasta Salad – a veggie-filled pasta salad
- Thai Peanut Noodles – my road trip favorite
- Lemon Pasta Salad with Asparagus – lemony and yummy
- BBQ Chicken Macaroni Salad – my kids love this one, and it’s just about the most perfect dish to a BBQ
One of my favorites is tipsy spaghetti:
In a skillet add butter with chopped bacon and a splash of white wine with a little cream and add in cooked spaghetti and viola an easy delicious meal in minutes.
Add 1/4 cup pasta water to the noodles along with butter, salt, pepper, and some parmesan cheese… yep it’s that easy and so yummy!!!
AND this is a really fun, creamy delicious dessert pasta CHOCOLATE SPAGHETTI! You won’t believe how good this is until you make it. It’s like pudding…. over pasta and that just means it’s extra delicious and makes the perfect ending to any meal.