This is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES, and I’m sure it will become yours too!
Everyone in my family declares this a favorite and for good reason:
it’s easy to make
and perfect for all occasions!
It has been a favorite since I was young.
I have served this at NUMEROUS parties and it’s always a huge hit!
I can remember my mom making it often and I just loved how the Mozzarella Cheese would stretch out long,
like on pizza! Oh how I love delicious stringy cheese.
I baked this in a 13×9 pan, but it can also be made into individual dishes (not small dishes but, in white porcelain boat like dishes) which is how I remember my mom making it. Either way, this recipe is a keeper.
This is my go-to meal for bringing to someone as well, it travels well and doesn’t take long to make.
You can mix it up by adding sausage, and if you are a peppers and onion fan, you can add some of those, even mushrooms are yummy. Most often I keep it simple and make it just how the recipe is written.
It’s an easy dish to make and is great to serve a crowd, I’ve made it when we’ve had parties of 20+ guests and it’s just PERFECT Doubled of course.
This is a great meal to make for the family, there is sure to be some leftovers and they reheat beautifully!
This is the meal I make for Pot Luck Dinners, as a Thank You, yes I make dinner as a thank you… everyone loves comfort food as a thank you.
I have MANY Baked Ziti Recipes… take a look at my
Hot and cheesy and oh so yummy…
Cook pasta until it’s al dente (do not overcook the pasta) When baking pasta undercooking the pasta for a minute is so much better than overcooking it for a second.
While the pasta is cooking, brown the ground beef in a pan until it’s thoroughly cooked.
In large bowl place pasta, marinara sauce.
Add to it the ground beef, salt, and pepper to taste along with oregano.
In a 13×9 pan create 2 layers of the pasta mixture topping each with a cup of grated Mozzarella Cheese.
You can put this recipe in an aluminum foil pan for easy cleanup or to take to a party or to drop off at someone’s house for dinner.
It’s the perfect dinner to bring somewhere!
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until the cheese is all melted and bubbly and the food is fully heated.
This dish is great for parties, you can bake it in disposable aluminum dishes for easy cleanup.
- You can add 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese to the sauce for a cheesier baked ziti.
- Top dish with grated parmesan cheese if you want the cheese to brown on top
- Cover the baked ziti with non-stick foil or foil sprayed with an oil spray so it doesn’t’ stick to the cheese, remove foil last 5 minutes of baking to brown the cheese a bit.
I often make two trays of Baked Ziti and allow one to cool completely, wrap it well and put it in the freezer.
It’s wonderful to have a tray of Ziti all prepared, just thaw and reheat.
If I’m unable to find ZITI noodles, I have used penne instead, but I really love ziti noodles and prefer them since the dish is baked, ziti noodles are thicker than penne.
Here is my recipe for Homemade Tomato Sauce
This is a great dish if you like baked ziti, you’ll LOVE this cheesy broccoli dish too!
- 1 pound ziti noodles (or penne)
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 2 cups grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1½ teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta until it's al dente (do not overcook the pasta)
- When baking pasta undercooking the pasta for a minute is so much better than overcooking it for a second.
- While the pasta is cooking, brown the ground beef in a pan until it's thoroughly cooked.
- In a large bowl place pasta, marinara sauce.
- Add to it the ground beef, salt, and pepper to taste along with oregano, mix well.
- In a 13x9 pan create 2 layers of the pasta mixture topping each with a cup of grated Mozzarella Cheese.
- Cover the baked ziti with non-stick foil, or foil sprayed with oil so it doesn't stick to the cheese.
- Remove the foil the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
- (If the pasta, sauce, and meat are hot going into the dish it will only take 15-20 minutes to bake)
- If the pasta is made a bit ahead of time and has cooled off if the sauce if cold, or room temperature it will take longer to cook 30-45 minutes or until the cheese is melted and when you stick a knife into the center of the dish, the food is hot.
Want to see my latest posts take a look here!
If you’re looking for a particular post or want to search for an item here is my recipe index here.