It is no secret…
I LOVE pasta!
This is one of the easiest pasta sauces to whip up quickly.
It’s great for when you are cutting calories and want a creamy rich comforting pasta sauce,
but most sauces contain a lot of cheese.
This one doesn’t.
I do think I could eat pasta EVERY day. Doesn’t everyone? Oh it can’t just be me, can it?
there are so many great pasta dishes,
but when I’m watching my carb intake I reach for this
a smaller portion of pasta with this tangy and delicious chicken flavored buttermilk sauce.
I get my pasta fill and the sauce tastes so good, I don’t often miss the super cheesy heavy cream sauces.
I figure I can use the calories I save for a cookie,
cutting calories is hard and some days you NEED a cookie!
This sauce is also great to dip roasted veggies into.
You will find how to make a great substitute for buttermilk here you can make it with any type of milk.
AND if you like buttermilk you’ll love this homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Recipe
Here is my recipe for Buttermilk Ranch Chicken
and here is a really great easy recipe you can also add dry buttermilk too.
- 2 cups buttermilk - You will find a post on how to make buttermilk here if you don't have or want to purchase buttermilk.
- 2 teaspoons chicken flavor (they sell chicken flavor, boullion in the soup aisle, granulated/powder or in a wet base that you refrigerate)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (if you'd like it thick add 2-3 tablespoons cornstarch)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In medium saucepan heat buttermilk, chicken flavor and cornstarch mix with whisk and heat until it comes to a boil over medium heat.
- The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Pour sauce over pasta and serve with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you'd like the sauce to have a cheesy flavor add in some grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese or top the serving dish with some.