Penne ala vodka, simply put penne pasta with vodka sauce recipe. It’s simple and delicious and a recipe you’ll make again and again.
You will not believe how easy it is to make this fabulous pasta sauce. It’s almost too easy. You’ll think there is more to it, but I’m sharing all my secrets on this one, but lets let everyone think it’s WAY more difficult than it is, ok?
Ingredients for a great vodka sauce
crushed red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
This is not only great over pasta but makes a great tasting pizza sauce too.
In a medium saucepan, heat tomato sauce and vodka,
stir in cream. (simmer sauce over medium heat) don’t boil cream sauces, they can separate and become grainy.
Add crushed red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve over one pound cooked Pasta. Top with grated cheese.
This is a go-to meal, once you make it, you’ll most likely make it again and again, it’s so delicious!
How do you make vodka sauce taste better?
- Add some fresh basil
- dry oregano
- saute fresh garlic in some oil before adding the other ingredients
- add diced onions to the pan first
- Instead of using sliced sausage if you want to add meat, add ground beef or ground sausage, saute the meat first (with garlic ic you choose) then add the remaining ingredients for a rich-tasting sauce.
- If you want a cheesy sauce, add in half-cup grated parmesan cheese.
- 1 cup Vodka
- ½ cup cream
- 3 cups Tomato Sauce
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat tomato sauce and vodka, stir in cream.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Serve over one pound cooked Penne Pasta. Top with grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese.