Avocado alfredeo may just become your new favorite way to enjoy carbs!
We love pasta around here,
and one look at this cute bowl and I knew I just had to have it.
It’s all about the Pasta-bilities…
you can find lots of PASTA here
- Lemon Pasta Salad
- Luau Pasta Salad
- Crab Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Feta Basil Balsamic Pasta Salad
- Mexican Pasta Salad
- Pasta Primavera
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Crab Pasta Sauce
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese
like I said, we love pasta.
Be sure to check out this post on more pasta sauces and pasta alternatives to use these sauces with.
On today’s menu:
Alfredo sauce has long been a favorite of mine, and what’s not to love about it?
It’s creamy and cheesy and delicious,
adding avocado in to make it even creamier and more delicious.
I kept it pretty simple, but you could jazz it up with some lime juice, cilantro and even jalapeños if you want it to have more of a kick.
But some days there is just a need for a GIANT bowl of simple pasta,
this is one of those days.
Grab your avocado and get cooking!
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh garlic, sliced or minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook fettuccine according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a medium saucepan or skillet combine butter and garlic, cook on medium heat for a minute, then whisk in heavy cream and parmesan cheese.
- Add diced avocado and salt,
- cook for 3-4 minutes or until the avocado has melted and the sauce thickens.
- (if your avocado is on the firmer side and you'd like the sauce really smooth, press the avocado through a fine strainer before adding, or pour sauce through the strainer when finished cooking)
- Toss pasta in the sauce and serve
The entire pound of pasta fits in this bowl, it may look like one serving….but really even I would have trouble finishing the whole thing.
But I do love leftovers for breakfast, and it seems someone else in my family like that too!
sue/the view from great island says
Diane, this is brilliant!
I couldn’t have passed up that bowl either. This pasta would suit me down to the ground.
[email protected] says
Diane, this pasta looks super yummy and the avocado must make it even creamier and prettier too.
ROBERT PECK says
Hi Diane again ,
Could you tell mell me where I may buy your pasta-abilities bowls ? How do I tell a ripe avocado / Besides being green.?
Hi, I bought the bowl at Home Goods a few years ago.How to tell if an avocado is ripe? For slicing an avocado you’ll want it firmer than softer. If it’s softer when you press the avocado in your palm it will be better for sauces, guacamole etc. The avocado should give a little when you have it in your palm and press with the lowest part of your thumb area. Remove the brown stem and underneath should be a pretty green. Most people let avocados ripen too much and then they are brown and mushy, alternatively you don’t want it to be hard, as an avocado ripens it often feels heavy and dense, that is how I tell if they are ripe. I have a ton of avocado recipes if you’d like to see more you can find them here https://www.createdby-diane.com/?s=avocado, hope you have a great time trying new recipes Robert.