Bring on the celebrating with these Cherry Pie Cookies.
These are perfect for celebrating the 4th of July, or any summer get together. The color of them just makes you want to celebrate!
I baked the sugar cookie bottoms, in Wilton’s Muffin Top Pan. I just knew it would give these mini pies a deep dish taste, one bite and I knew I had made a winner! The cookie bottom is nice and flaky without being to sweet or heavy. The Cherry pie filing is just the right amount on these and the filling is held on with buttercream frosting.
These are easy to make and assemble, which I just LOVE.
I love summer and spending days on the beach or at the pool, relaxing. It seems when I think of summer the 4th of July always comes to mind. I have one memory of when my husband and I were first dating which was 20 years ago, but some days seems like yesterday. We met my parents on the beach to eat and see the fireworks go off. My favorite part was the pie my mom brought. I am a pie girl through and through!
These mini pies will be great this 4th of July what ever we plan on doing.
I’m giving away Wilton items to you can makes these too.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 21oz. can cherry pie filling
- Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup shortening
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix until the dough forms a ball on the paddle.
- Press 3 tablespoons of dough into each section of the Muffin Top Pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely
- Beat Shortening, powdered sugar and cream until smooth and place into piping bag fitted with #21 tip.
- Add 8 cherries to each cookie.
- Pipe edge around each cookie with buttercream frosting.
Press 3 tablespoons of dough into each section of the Muffin Top Pan.
Bake cookies until edges are golden. Let cool completely before adding topping.
Place #21 tip onto a piping bag and fill with buttercream frosting.
Place 8 cherries onto the center of each cookie
Begin to pipe the edge so the frosting hold the filling in the center.
I just LOVE red and white together!
Refrigerate at the end of the day if they aren’t all consumed by then. You can bake the cookies a day or so ahead of time and assemble the cherries and frosting the day of or day before serving.
I LOVE how flaky the cookie is but hold up to the filling so well.
You can even add festive Star Sprinkles for the Fouth of July!
A few foodie friends are participating in a Create a Festive 4th with Wilton event!
Won’t you stop by and check out their tasty creations and enter their giveaways too.
All Day I Dream About Food’s Patriotic Star Whoopie Pies
Budget Gourmet Mom’s Festive Fourth Ice Cream Sandwich
Around My Family Table’s Festive Ice Cream and Cookie Bowls
I Wash…You Dry’s All American Cake
How would you like to make these for the 4th of July?
I’m giving this items below away courtesy of Wilton.
Enter to WIN Wilton’s Patriotic Sprinkle Mix, Non-Stick Stackable Cooling Grid, Icing Smoother, Decorating Bags, and 12 Cavity Muffin Top Pan.
*be sure to leave a separate comment below for each entry to be counted.
Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment on your plans this 4th of July.
- Sign up to receive email updates from Created by Diane
- Share this post on facebook come back and leave a comment below letting me know. (be sure to tag @Created by Diane in the share)
- Pin this post on Pinterest and leave a comment below letting me know.
- “Like” Created by Diane” on facebook and leave a comment below letting me know.
- “Like” Wilton on Facebook and leave a comment below letting me know.*if you already do any of the entries they still count, be sure to leave a comment below telling me.
- Tweet this,
- 4th of July Cherry Pie Cookies http://su.pr/2SzQI3 from @createdbydiane @wiltoncakes #giveaway #festivefourth then come back and leave a comment and link letting me know you tweeted.
Winner will be Chosen June 24, 2012 at 9:00 pm. Winner will be notified and have 24 hours to reply. Created by Diane is not responsible for lost or misdirected emails or packages.
Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States of America, Washington, D.C. (excluding US territories and possessions) or Canada (excluding Quebec), who are are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Void where prohibited by law.
*Wilton provided me with their products to create this recipe. All opinions are my own.