Fresh blueberries are so delicious! Just wait until you see all these fun recipes to use them. They aren’t just for muffins or pancakes!
In the tug of war between which I like more blueberries or strawberries, blueberries have a special place in my heart. I’ve always loved them since I was a little kid, my mom would buy 5 lb boxes of blueberries from a local grower, and we’d eat them in a bowl with milk, sometimes with a little sugar on top. You heard me right, no cereal, nothing else just a bowl of blueberries. She’d freeze what we weren’t going to eat right away, she’d make fresh blueberry syrup/sauce for pancakes, and she makes the most amazing blueberry pie and blueberry muffins.
One of my all time favorites to make is blueberry scones.
Although I do love strawberries there seem more times than not they don’t have the sweetest flavor unless I can get them from a roadside stand. Don’t get me wrong I buy both blueberries and strawberries year round and make tons of strawberry recipes. But when it comes right down to it, blueberries are a true winner! But there is no need to feel the need to pick just one, really!
To get your taste buds singing, let’s start with some recipes from the photo above:
- Blueberry Scone Recipe-these are first because they are my favorite to make.
- Blueberry Galette- just like a pie, only more simplified, it’s faster to make and bake! LOVE this!
- Blueberry Basil Lemonade-OMG I just love this drink, and it’s easily made boozy if you want a cocktail!
- 15 Minute Blueberry Crisp- a quick and easy dish that is not only comforting but has lots of add-in options to make it your own! Coconut, almonds, oh… and chocolate chips!
- Blueberry Madeleines- a true classic with blueberries, i’s part cake part cookie, tender and delicious.
- Blueberry Muffins-OMG these will make any morning brighter!
- Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake- Delicious flavor and the perfect dessert all year long.
- Blueberry Smoothie- this is one delicious smoothie!
And as if that wasn’t enough, there is MORE:
- Chocolate Blueberry Cheesecake Cupcakes- these delicious chocolate cupcakes taste like they are topped with cheesecake!
- Easy Blueberry No Bake Cheesecake-and if cheesecake is your thing, hold on TIGHT… this easy no-bake blueberry cheesecake is amazing!
- Blueberry Curd- This is lick the spoon delicious.
- Blueberry Banana Mini Cakes- mini cakes with lots of layers filled with everything a cake should be.
- Blueberry Apricot Cake- A fruit-filled cake that is perfect for a party.
- Blueberry pie recipe- As mentioned this is a true winner!
- Blueberry Margarita Recipe- Bring on the Margaritas, with a nice fruity twist without being too sweet!
- Banana Blueberry Cake- A great easy skillet cake that is perfect for celebrating or weeknight dessert.
- Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies-great to have on hand for quick breakfast on the go or a snack
- Lemon Blueberry Bread Pudding- lemon and blueberry are a winning combo.
- Mini Cream Fruit Pies– these mini pies are not only CUTE, but they are easy to make and perfect for sharing.
- Blueberry Syrup- this syrup is great in drinks and cocktails as well as poured over pancakes.
- Fresh Blueberry Ice Cream- this great no churn ice cream is sure to be a favorite!
- Blueberry Banana Chocolate Chip Cake- Save up those bananas for this great cake!
I did mention I love blueberries, right! Now you can see it’s true.
- American Flag Cake- perfect in every way, this recipe is a single layer 8″ round cake but further down there is a big cake for larger servings.
- Overnight Oats and Berries- the perfect breakfast to make ahead of time
- Grilled Apricots stuffed with honey ricotta these taste so good, that you won’t want to eat fruit any other way in the summer!
- Breakfast Smoothie Bowl- a fun way to enjoy yogurt.
- Apple Squares Which includes a blueberry option that is fantastic.
- Vanilla Layer Cake- the perfect party cake, filled with pastry cream and topped with fresh fruit
- Dessert Pizza– a fun dessert pizza