Everyday is a good day for GREAT Blueberry Muffins! This recipe is simple and delicious.
No better time than RIGHT NOW…
to break out some paper liners and a muffin pan to bake up a batch of these beauties!
Blueberry muffins have always been at the TOP of my favorites list, my mom would take me blueberry picking when I was young and if we weren’t picking blueberries… we were buying 5lb boxes of blueberries and our local blueberry farm.
If I saw that bright yellow box on the counter…. (the blueberry place we went to sold 5lb boxes of blueberries in these bright yellow boxes)
I knew one thing was for sure…. there were BLUEBERRY MUFFINS in my near future! YIPPEE!!!
I adjusted my moms’ recipe many times and finally think I go tit to my new perfect blueberry muffin recipe, and today I’m sharing it with you!
I also knew there would be blueberry syrup on our pancakes on the weekend too.
I went blueberry picking a few days ago and had so much fun!
I was telling the woman at the counter it had been many years since I’d picked blueberries and I was so happy to find a great place to pick blueberries.
I remember eating bowls of blueberries with milk for breakfast too…. oh the memories of being a kid!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar for top of muffins
- In large mixer bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt and whisk these items together really well so they are completely combined.
- On low mix in egg, milk, butter, oil, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Mix on medium for 1 minute until it's combined.
- Stir in blueberries
- Place 3 tablespoons of batter into a muffin pan lined with cupcake papers or prepared with a baking spray.
- Top the batter in each cup with some turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 425 for 25 minutes.
Now, if you are crazy about blueberries like I am you’ll LOVE:
Blueberry Apricot Cake– this cake is so pretty and fresh tasting and perfect all year long!
Blueberry syrup… and WOW this is fantastic in a margarita!
Blueberry Curd (which would go perfectly with these blueberry muffins)
Blueberry Madeleines just one more way to serve up some yummy blueberries.