Blueberry Madeleines are just about the most perfect little cake-like cookie to bite into with fun fresh blueberries baked right in, perfect for when you have some extra fresh fruit and want a great treat.
Blueberries are ripe and delicious in stores now, and they can be found almost all year round now a days, so grab some and get baking!
If I’m not eating them by the handful,
I like baking with blueberries,
they are so juicy and sweet, they are a great addition to baked goods,
- like Blueberry Banana Chocolate Chip Cake,
- Chocolate Blueberry Cheesecake Cupcakes,
- and Blueberry Filled Cupcakes.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy blueberries is to add them to my Yummiest Pancake Recipe.
Today I’m baking them into madeleines….
and I will mention,
these are IRRESISTIBLE!!!
Gather all your ingredients
there aren’t many but you’ll want to have everything ready to go when you begin and you’ll need to melt the butter and allow it a few minutes to cool
measure out all your ingredients
If you mix the blueberries into the batter, the berries will crush and the batter will turn a purplish color, I decided I wanted to blueberries to stay in tact,
so I placed one blueberry on the bottom of each well in the madeleine pan, then place two tablespoons of batter on top then two more blueberries.
Bake madeleines until they are golden on the edges and the madeleines spring back when pressed gently.
Madeleines are so delicious, they can be enjoyed at breakfast, over coffee or tea, or for dessert.
You won’t believe how quick it is to make these, they take only a few minutes to mix up and they bake really fast, so anytime you need a fast dessert, remember these, pile them all on a plate for a fun bite sized birthday treat too.
- 2 large eggs
- 10 tablespoons butter (melted and cooled) (use 1 teaspoon butter for preparing pans)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour (plus 2 tablespoons flour for dusting pans)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- powdered sugar for dusting over madeleines when baked
- Prepare madeleine pan by buttering and flouring pan lightly
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Beat eggs and sugar with mixer, add vanilla and salt
- Mix in flour on low just until blended
- Pour in butter in a steady stream while mixing on low
- Scrape sides and be sure everything is well blended
- Place 1 blueberry in the bottom of each well in the madeleine pan, then place two tablespoons of Batter on top of each blueberry, then add two more blueberries on top of the batter
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until golden and the cookie springs back when gently pressed
- Allow cookies to cool in pan, then dust with powdered sugar