Sweet and salty recipe combinations are where it’s at! I have a nice list compiled and ready for you to dig into!
From salty and sweet desserts to sweet salty eats,
there is something for everyone on this list!
It’s no secret this is my favorite flavor combo… I’m all about this sweet and salty at the same time.
I remember the first time I put my all-time two favorites together, potato chips, and mixed them with chocolate chip cookies! Amazing, and my kids still talk about them, about how great they are, and what unexpected deliciousness they are together.
Salt in sweet recipes balances the sweetness to give it a more complex flavor, that is why things like salted caramels have become so popular recently, but salty sweets have been around since combining hot dogs and cornbread…. corn dogs have been around quite a while, and so has caramel corn to dipping your fries into your shake (preferable chocolate) Nowadays you’ll see items like salted chocolate, chicken, and waffles on regular menus.
Think of the classic PBJ, its’ salty and sweet and a winner every time!
If you love peanut butter and jelly be sure to give my PBJ Cupcakes a try!
I have some great recipes to look at with the sweet and salty flavor combinations.
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies with the right amount of salt on top of the cookie to the sweetened peanut butter frosting filling these cookies are undeniably delicious.
- Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Pretzels pretzels on their own are so great, but wow add in a great peanut butter filling and dip them in chocolate puts them over the top!
- Banh Mi Pork Meatballs this makes its way into my regular meal rotation often
- Toast overload, fun-filled breakfasts, and snacks with delicious flavor combos
- Coconut Chicken with Pineapple Guacamole you may just want to get in the kitchen and make this right now!
More Dessert Options:
- Cupcakes topped with pineapple and spam
- Fig Cake with Goat Cheese Frosting this combination is the ultimate in an easy gourmet flavored cake
- Chocolate Dipped Salted Figs this takes chocolate and fruit to a whole new level.
- Grilled Apricots Stuffed Ricotta with Honey
- Chocolate covered peanut butter popcorn cake
- Margarita Cupcakes the ultimate in salty-sweet margarita deliciousness.
- Banana oatmeal maple cookies the perfect recipe to make with bananas
- Frozen Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes, salted in true margarita fashion
- Salted Caramel Cupcakes satisfy your sweet tooth with these delicious cupcakes.
- Potato Chip Cookies no exaggeration- the ultimate chocolate chip cookies!
- Prosciutto and cantaloupe the dynamic duo, ready in minutes and impresses everyone’s taste buds
More Meal Options:
- Teriyaki Pork chops pressure cooker recipe you’ll make again and again
- Quinoa Carrot Salad crunchy and peanut buttery and full of veggies
- Honey Sesame Chicken Meatballs super tastey
- Cornbread Pancakes great any time of day and a fun option for “brinner”
- Pizza Dip while this may seem simple the great and sweetness of ricotta cheese makes this amazing.
- Pomegranate Sauce a sweet and spicy glaze on top of a mildly salty ham is a winning combo
- Luau Fried Rice one of my all-time favorites full of salty-sweet and fruity flavors in a meal made in minutes that will WOW everyone.
- Chicken Meatballs in Plum Sauce – An Asian sweet and sour flavor you’re sure to love.
- Apple Cheddar Quesadillas the simplest of sweet and savory items to make in near minutes.
- Eggplant Caprese with a balsamic drizzle cheesy and flavorful this is not only a great main dish it’s a fun appetizer too.
- BLT cole slaw
- Pineapple and Peach Turkey Meatballs – This sauce is amazing!
- Cornbread with Honey Butter, the lightly sweet cornbread gets a kick with the honey butter, it’s irresistible.
Oatmeal Maple Bacon Cookies these cookies are hearty and delicious and salty and sweet and quite irresistible.
Chocolate Covered Bacon, simple cook thick bacon crisp, then dip it into melted dark chocolate and add coarse salt, then allow to cool and set up in the fridge
Maple Bacon Bourbon Chicken Legs WOW what a great flavor in these chicken legs, but can be made with chicken breasts too.
Sign up for my emails to get my recipes delivered to your inbox, it ensures you won’t miss a thing!