Sticky and Sweet and oh so delicious!
Skip the takeout and make a batch of these and have everyone running to the kitchen to gobble them up!
We have a couple of places near us that serve up some quick meals but yet it’s not fast food, Waba Grill or Flame Broiler are the options nearby but we eat at home more than we eat out so if you want to try this yummy recipe, you’ll be surprised how simple it really it.
I’m eating low carb, so I haven’t been putting breadcrumbs in my meatballs, I simply don’t have them on hand and have found if I don’t keep bread items in the house, I just don’t eat them.
This sauce can be put over par-cooked strips of chicken breast as well, then continue cooking in the sauce until they are fully cooked.
I buy ground chicken it’s more readily available than it used to be or grind it myself if when I buy a large package of chicken breasts at a “club” store. You can easily make these with ground turkey too.
More great MEATBALL recipes:
- Bahn Mi Meatballs
- Chicken Satay Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Spicy Beefy Meatballs with Onion Gravy
- Pineapple and Peach Turkey Meatballs
- and for a super fun dessert, make this Spaghetti and Meatball Cake!
The food places I mentioned serve their dishes with rice, be sure to look at my post on how to cook rice 3 ways HERE for tips.
If you’re eating low carb, just pile on the veggies, sauteed cabbage, carrots and green onions make this a complete meal!
You’ll have extra sauce to pour over top of the meatballs, you could make chicken burgers and eat them on a bun and top them with the extra sauce too.
There are so many options here, mix it up and make mealtime less boring!
I use a 2 tablespoon size scoop LIKE THIS ONE to make most meatballs, I find that it’s a great size, the meatballs cook quickly and I get at least a dozen out of one pound of meatball mixture.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- (add one egg and 1 cup panko breadcrumbs if you prefer and aren't eating low carb)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or Braggs Aminos)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mix ground chicken soy sauce, garlic paste (and egg and breadcrumbs if desired)
- In large skillet heat meatballs on medium high heat and turn until firm, heating the meatballs the rest of the way in the sauce will help prevent the meatballs from becoming dry.
- In a small saucepan heat honey, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic.
- Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water then whisk into hot sauce, continue simmering sauce until it thickens.
- Pour sauce over meatballs and continue to finish cooking meatballs until they reach 165°.
- Serving suggestion over sauteed cabbage, carrot and green onion.
These sound excellent! Just put all the ingredients on my shopping list!
Just looks so delicious, I know what I’m making for dinner tonight, thanks Diane!
These are not only so pretty, I bet they taste amazing and I’ll be making them this week.
wow, this dish looks delicious,thanks I’m making this tomorrow for my family.
These meatballs look so yummy, I’m going to make them for dinner tomorrow.
Rahul Kumar says
great piece of writing dishes such like that. I really like the way it is written thank you for this great information
What is the serving size?
The recipe as written is for 1 lb of meat, typically serves 4, you can easily multiply the recipe for more servings, as well as reduce for fewer servings.