If you are looking for a really delicious and healthy snack, look no further these Chicken Meatballs in Plum Sauce.
These can be make and on the table in 30 minutes.
Which is PERFECT for snacking.
The over indulgence of the holidays is behind us and it’s time to remember how to eat to feel good, what to snack on to stay satisfied and look towards the foods our bodies need to run at their best.
New Year’s resolutions are easy to make but difficult to maintain.
Heathy snacking is a great way to not over eat at meals,
it’s to easy to not think of snacking as essential,
then when meal time arrives, the hunger is over whelming and we over eat.
These meatballs are great reheated, so making up a batch ahead of time is a great way to be sure you have some delicious options.
Mix up ground chicken with Panko bread crumbs, egg, garlic, salt and pepper. Then roll 2 tablespoons of mixture into meatballs, then roll in Panko breadcrumbs, this gives the meatballs a extra crunch.
Bake them on parchment lined baking sheet at 350 degrees.
Next mix up the sauce,
Place plum juice, soy sauce, vinegar, corn starch, crushed red pepper and sesame oil into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. You can adjust the spiciness of this sauce by adding or decreasing the crushed red pepper.
Pour the sauce over to dip the meatballs into the sauce coating them completely so they are encased in the delicious flavor. Serve additional sauce on the side for dipping into, or to pour over a salad, rice or egg noodles for a complete meal.
The Plum Sauce will absorb into the meatballs and look like a pretty pink glaze over them.
Serve with diced scallions and sesame seeds.
Place serving picks into the tops of the meatballs for easy snacking!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs + 1 cup for rolling meatballs into
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Mix ground chicken with bread crumbs and egg along with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Form meatballs into two tablespoon size meatballs (I use a medium scoop that is two tablespoon sized)
- Roll meatballs into panko bread crumbs
- Place meatballs on parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake in preheated oven 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the temperature reaches 165 degrees with a meat thermometer.
- 1 cup SunSweet Light Plum Smart Juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- pinch crushed red pepper
- sesame seeds
- In Medium saucepan mix Plum Juice, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, sesame oil and crushed red pepper with whisk.
- Heat on medium heat until the sauce thickens and comes to a slight boil.
- Dip meatballs into sauce for appetizers.
- Pour sauce over meatballs and serve over rice or egg noodles for dinner (double sauce recipe for dinner)
Top with diced scallions and sesame seeds.
PlumSmart® Light is made from a special variety of fresh, juicy plums and helps you stay fit on the inside by providing a good source of fiber. PlumSmart® Light is made from a special variety of fresh, juicy plums and helps you stay fit on the inside by providing a good source of fiber.
New Year’s resolutions are easy to make but difficult to maintain. Trying new recipes like this one, will help you eat delicious food, while keeping the on track!
Focusing on healthy snacks is an easy way to improve the quality of foods your consuming, especially when you add the Feel Good Fruit to your favorite snacking recipes.
They are PLUM-Tastic!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.