Consider this to be the best Eggs Benedict Carrserole Dish ever! It’s simple to assemble and filled with all the delicious flavor in enchilada form, ham enchiladas slathered with quick hollandaise sauce, with the addition of cheese and asparagus to make this a complete meal, for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Eggs Benedict Enchiladas
This dish will KNOCK your socks OFF! It’s uncomplicated, perfect for holiday breakfasts and brunch.
Get ready for a fun twist on a classic breakfast item.
I have seen Eggs Benedict on menus for as long as I can remember, so whether you’ve enjoyed one or not it’s a classic breakfast item.
This is one you will LOVE, it’s easy to put together and will feed a crowd.
These enchiladas start with great ingredients and the hollandaise sauce is so easy, just wait until you see the secret to making it without any trouble.
Just a few minutes and this will be baking in the oven!
One of the best parts of this dish is the tortillas. I used tortillas that aren’t pre-cooked. That means when you cook them, they taste like the FRESHEST tasting tortillas you have ever eaten. Which I just LOVE.
You can use pre-cooked tortillas just microwave them for 30 seconds so they are soft enough to roll up and won’t crack.
Begin by cooking the tortillas, then cut ham in pieces, get the other ingredients ready so the enchiladas are easy to wrap up with everything lined up in front of you, you’ll also be using cheese. I used Monterey Jack Cheese for its milk flavor. And you’ll be using fresh asparagus.
Inside each tortilla, place ham, cheese, and asparagus. Roll them up and place filled tortillas into a baking dish I used a pan that was about 13×9.
Place a spear of asparagus on each side of the tortillas.
Whisk up the eggs with milk and pour the mixture over the top of the tortillas.
Top with a little more cheese and bake.
Quick Easy Hollandaise Sauce
Typically this sauce is whisked over hot water, but that is time-consuming and I like shortcuts.
For this we’re going to put the ingredients into a blender I find an immersion blender works great for small batches like this.
The 4 ingredients you’ll need to make Hollandaise sauce
- gg yolks
- dry mustard
- Tabasco sauce
You’ll whip this up with an immersion blender or food processor.
Make the sauce just before serving for the best results. The sauce calls for egg yolks, you can add the leftover egg whites to the egg mixture that gets poured over the tortillas if you won’t have another use for the egg whites and don’t want to waste them.
- 8 flour Tortilla Land Tortillas
- 8 oz + 1 oz for top Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 lb cooked ham
- ½ lb Asparagus
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cups whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook tortillas on each side until they are fully cooked.
- Inside each tortilla wrap ¼ cup cheese (1oz), ⅓ cup ham (2 oz) and two spears of asparagus and roll each tortilla and place it into a 13x9 baking dish.
- With an egg beater mix milk and eggs, you'll want to be sure the mixture is smooth and creamy and that there are not particles of yolk not mixed, so it will look smooth and creamy when baked.
- Pour egg mixture over tortillas, top with another ¼ cup cheese (1oz)
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes. You'll want to check the eggs, remove the pan from the oven as soon as the eggs are firm. Don't just set the timer and not check it until the end. I would start checking at 25 minutes (If your oven runs hot, test at 20 minutes)
- Top with Hollandaise Sauce, recipe follows this one in the post.
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 10 drops Tabasco sauce
- ½ cup butter (melted and hot)
- a teaspoon of lemon juice (if desired, I love lemon in it)
- Use an immersion blender or food processor or blender to make this sauce
- I use an immersion blender.
- In a tall container, add egg yolks, dry mustard and Tabasco sauce.
- Blend for a few seconds.
- Heat butter in the microwave until it's completely melted, put the butter in a large enough dish so it won't spill over.
- Drizzle in the metled butter while the blender is running. The sauce will thicken immediately.
- Make the sauce just as you will be serving so it's hot and smooth.