How to make delicious chicken broth
while I took the chicken off the bone.
Chicken and Dumplings in an Instant Pot:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk ( or 1/2 cup milk with 1 teaspoon vinegar)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl with a fork.
- Place dollops of dumpling dough on top of lightly boiling chicken broth, and time it for 10 minutes.
- Then place a lid over the pot and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with chicken and vegetables and spoon broth over the dumplings.
- To thicken the broth to a rich and creamy "gravy" add 1 cup milk mixed with 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and pour slowly into the simmering broth.