Cookies and cream… the most delicious combo of chocolaty goodness and creamy filling that makes a perfect addition to frosting!
This Oreo Frosting recipe will KNOCK your socks off!
Cookies and cream and frosting all whipped up together gives cupcakes or cake a PERFECT topping!
The deep dark delicious chocolate flavor is always recognizable… it’s delicious and is the key to making all cookies and cream items taste fantastic.
This frosting should be applied immediately to baked goods, to avoid everyone eating it out of the BOWL!!!
This is one of those irresistible flavor combos that seem to be everyone’s favorite and with good reason.
This frosting is great on top of cupcakes, to make cookie sandwiches.
What is Oreo icing made of?
Oreo Cookies, Butter, Sugar, and Cream.
Can you fill cupcakes with oreo frosting?
As mentioned above, you can pipe it in the center, or you can cut each cupcake in half and spread a layer of frosting over the middle of each cupcake, then place the tops of the cupcakes over the frosting and pipe frosting on top of cupcakes, the frosting in the center will look like a layer cake. Guaranteed Oreo Frosting in every bite!
Don’t miss these really fun OREO items:
fun oreo shirt HERE,
a funny oreo shirt HERE,
and even an oreo candle HERE.
See more of my own large list of favorite items HERE.
The biggest debate is how do YOU eat an Oreo,
do you bite right in,
pull the cookies apart then lick the filling or eat one-half than the other.
It’s fun to see how passionate people are about HOW they eat an Oreo,
me… I like them so many ways, and I end up putting them in many recipes because the flavor is so irresistible.
At the bottom of this post, I share with you some of my favorites!
If you’re looking for more chocolate recipes take a look here
I created a whole ebook with all sorts of delicious chocolate recipes it’s FREE (FREE CHOCOLATE EBOOK) when you sign up to receive email updates of my latest recipes.
This flavor is often loved by ALL! So grab some Oreos and get baking, they’ll love you for it!
If you love Oreos you’ll love these recipes too:
- Oreo Frosting– this recipe is on this page… it’s yummy!
- Oatmeal Oreo Cookies – the Oreos make these cookies super creamy and extra delicious.
- Fried Oreos – OMG these are so irresistible, no need to go to the county fair with these in the house.
- Oreo Cake – this delicious white cake smothered in Oreos, it’s just about the perfect cake ever!
- Oreo Scones – these scones are so full of flavor these are SO hard to resist.
Now there is only one other question, what will you be putting this delicious frosting on?
I think it’ll be great on top of some chocolate cookies or on top of a brownie ice cream cake filled with cookies and cream ice cream… don’t you ?!?
If you love cupcakes as much as I do…
these are my favorites and you can decorate with the oreo frosting using the same technique.
AND if you are a huge chocolate fan check out these... they are so fantastic!
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 15 Oreos (more for topping cupcakes)
- In a food processor place Oreos and pulse until they are chopped fine, you can crush them in a plastic bag with a rolling pin, but if you are going to pipe the frosting onto the cookies ,chunks of the cookie won't work out well, so pulse them small.
- In mixer beat butter until smooth, add in powdered sugar and heavy cream and begin on medium-low and mix until combined, then turn on high and whip until fluffy.
- Add in oreo crumbs.
- The filling of the Oreos makes this frosting extra creamy alternatively, you can purchase oreo crumbs in some stores and use those, but the filling adds to the flavor of these.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes with a large star-shaped tip and top them off with an Oreo.
Click for my favorite chocolate cupcake recipe here. I used dutch cocoa in these and the rich chocolate flavor is great. If you want the cupcakes to have the really dark “Oreo” flavor look for “Black Onyx Cocoa, it’s wonderful. I’ve made cupcakes with it and everyone loved them.
LOTS of info on baking cookies here:
- cookie tips guide https://www.createdby-diane.com/cookie-tips
how to bake perfect cookies https://www.createdby-diane.com/2017/09/how-to-bake-perfect-cut-out-cookies.html
- Easy Cut Out Cookies https://www.createdby-diane.com/2011/07/sugar-cookie-recipe.html
- Cookie Dough Recipe that holds it’s shape https://www.createdby-diane.com/2011/07/sugar-cookie-recipe.html
- Soft Sugar Cookies and Frosting https://www.createdby-diane.com/2017/05/soft-sugar-cookies.html
- How to ice cookies with a piping bag https://www.createdby-diane.com/2017/07/how-to-ice-cookies-with-a-piping-bag.html
- Brush on glaze icing https://www.createdby-diane.com/2014/08/lemon-italian-cookies-with-lemon-icing.html
- resources, recipes, items, and instructions for baking perfect cookies https://www.createdby-diane.com/2017/09/how-to-bake-perfect-cut-out-cookies.html
- royal icing recipe https://www.createdby-diane.com/2013/10/royal-icing-googly-eyes.html
See anything you like, be sure to SHARE it 🙂 there are buttons for sharing on the top of the post that make it easy.
Thanks so much!