Grab an extra bag of cranberries or two to make this festive syrup perfect for drinks, breakfast and more.
Making fruit syrup is simple and there are so many uses.
I love making drinks with fresh syrups.
And the color cannot be denied as gorgeous and festive.
Add in a sprig of rosemary and whamo… it’s the perfect drink.
What drinks can be made with cranberry syrup?
So many options from cranberry lemonade to a cranberry seltzer spritzer with a squeeze of lemon or lime. If orange and cranberry is your favorite combo add a squeeze of orange.
You can make the perfect holiday cocktail by adding cranberry syrup to vodka, or tequila and add in your favorite mixer like soda water, sprite, and club soda. Make a cranberry margarita and add some extra cranberry syrup to kick it up in place of simple syrup.
You can make cranberry syrup year round, if you stock up and put a few bags of cranberries in the freezer to use throughout the year. Add in a couple tablespoons of orange juice or cinnamon for fun flavor.
Or you could make the syrup and freeze the syrup!
If you save the cranberries your remove from the syrup, you can use it as jam. it’s delicious!
Want more cranberry recipes check these out:
- Cranberry Turkey Meatballs
- Cranberry Cornbread
- Cranberry Banana Muffins
- Cranberry Cheesecake Pie
- Mini Cranberry Pecan Pies
- Cranberry Curd
- Cranberry Cake
- 12 oz bag fresh cranberries 3 cups
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
optional 1/2 lemon, juiced
- In a medium saucepan bring cranberries, water, and sugar to a boil, and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- The cranberries will make a popping sound.
- Be careful syrup rises in the pan, avoid spillage by keeping an eye on it, and don't walk away.
- Save and eat or discard the fruit, it's great on toast it tastes like a quick jam or leave the fruit in the syrup for pancakes for a thick fruit syrup. For drinks, you'll want to remove the fruit and strain the syrup.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes first, then strain in a fine strainer, and press the cranberries with the back of a spoon.
- Pour syrup into a glass jar and store in the fridge.