It’s no secret I love Margaritas and there is no denying these are perfect for the holidays!
With the holidays are upon us it’s time to celebrate with the fresh and delicious flavored margaritas.
Cranberry juice and lime are really tasty all by themselves, combine them all together and get ready to sip on the deliciousness!
Cranberries are simply gorgeous and added to the tops of these drinks they sure give the drinks a festive flair.
Fresh limes are key to great tasting margaritas and these limes are real beauties. They are from my mom’s trees. I just love when she brings me bags of limes to me. She has the greenest thumb! Me not so much, I just stick to pouring the drinks!
Although these are perfect for the holidays, they really can be enjoyed all year long and if you want to float cranberries on top you can freeze a bag or two or ten depending on how many drinks you anticipate pouring and how much room you have in your freezer. I manage to nuzzle away a few bags of cranberries to have them around for as long as I can.
You can rim the margaritas traditionally with salt as I have or if you’d like them to have a sweet kick, you can use coarse sugar or coarse sprinkle crystals for a fun change.
It’s got to be 5 o’clock somewhere so go ahead and pour yourself one of these beauties and enjoy!
- 2 cups cranberry juice (I use 100% juice)
- ½ cup fresh lime juice (I used 4 large limes)
- 4 oz Tequila
- 1 oz Cointreau
- salt for rim
- whole cranberries and limes for garnish
- Rim the outer edge of each glass with lime and dip into salt (or coarse sugar if you like it sweet, coarse sprinkles crystals work well) place ice in each glass
- In drink shaker place ice, cranberry juice, lime juice along with Tequila and Cointreau.
- Shake well
- Pour the drink over rimmed glasses and garnish with lime and cranberries.
My love of Margaritas stretches through every season!