Tell me you like HOT FUDGE SAUCE as much as I do.
Really no ice cream sundae would exist without it, if I had anything to say.
I’m not sure the first time I ever had hot fudge sauce, but I certainly know my life is better for knowing it well.
I made my first batch of hot fudge sauce the other day and….the jar was empty before I knew it. I whipped up another batch to finish what I was working on, which I will tell you about soon.
I am now dreaming of other ways to enjoy hot fudge sauce. Do you have a favorite? Please share it with, I’m thinking three servings a day of this stuff will be a good balance.
Yep, it’s my opinion that everyone need hot fudge sauce….and it’s super easy to make.
I’m thinking this on top of a tray of brownies next, are you with me?
Hot or cold, hot fudge is yummy! This recipe made 2 cups.
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 oz ghiradelli 60 % Cocoa Chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In medium saucepan, bring heavy cream, corn syrup, sugar, coocoa, salt 3 oz. chocolate chips to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir until chocolate has melted.
- Cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the remaining 3 oz. chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla.
- Stir until smooth.
- Serve hot or pour into a canning jar and cool before placing lid on top.
- Refrigerate after it has cooled.
- Heat before serving if you want a smooth pouring sauce or spread on at room temperature for a thick fudge like frosting or filling.
When I got down to the end of the jar of course I had a spoonful or two, quality control….it’s tough, but I got it done.
I shared this photo on Instagram. Are you on instagram? I’m HERE, leave me a link to yours so I can follow you too. Instagram is my favorite social networking site, what’s yours?
*recipe slightly adapted from Epicurious