I just LOVE cherries and wanted to combine my love of margaritas with cherries in a refreshing and delicious drink to carry me through the summer!
I buy LOTS of cherries, and wow do I enjoy eating them.
I can hardly get the bag in the fridge without devouring half of it!
Sometimes that just means I need to buy two bags really.
When I stock up on cherries I always make a batch of Cherry Syrup…I just love it.
You can make cherry syrup for these or you can muddle the cherries, the choice is yours.
A cherry pitter is invaluable to a cherry lover!
Do you have a favorite recipe with fresh cherries, I’d love to hear about it. Let me know in the comments.
If you love cherries you’ll have to give those a try too!
You can either muddle the cherries for the drinks or you can use the cherry syrup I recommended making. Either way, you will have a fresh delicious flavor. No artificial flavors going on here and how can you resist that gorgeous color!!
If you love fresh drinks but often fruit sweetness can vary, that is why it’s great to make some simple syrup to have on hand to be able to adjust the sweetness in drinks.
I’ve infused it with fresh lavender too and it’s great in so many drinks even iced tea or lemonade. To make those drinks “boozy” I just add some vodka.
As soon as I see cherries in the store I make cherry syrup… but until then I just sit back and dream of enjoying some Cherry Margaritas!
Take a look at my other fresh syrup recipes here.
Fresh Cherry Margarita
- 5 oz tequila
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cherry syrup recipe here https://www.createdby-diane.com/2014/07/how-to-make-cherry-syrup.html
- fresh cherries for muddling and garnish
- In a drink shaker add tequila lime juice, water, cherry syrup and shake with ice to get the drink ICY cold.
- If you cherries are really ripe the syrup will be flavorful and sweet, if they aren't super flavorful muddle 6 cherries in the drink shake and strain as you pour the drink into the glasses. (alternatively you can muddle 10 or so cherries per drink and you will want to adjust the sweetness with simple syrup then)
- Pour over a rimmed glass with lime and salt and half full of ice.
- Garnish with a cherry.
BRING on SUMMER!