Hurry……and go get some cherries
this cherry lime curd is AMAZING!
It’s deliciously creamy and a little tangy but sweet all at the same time,
and you will want to eat it right off the spoon!
It’s perfect with scones and I’ll be sharing my new favorite scone with you very soon.
This cherry lime curd is great on ice cream if you can manage not to devour the whole jar before you have time to grab and ice cream scoop and dish!
It’s also wonderful on pancakes, waffles, muffins and on plain yogurt.
- 1 cup fresh cherries pitted and cut in half
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ lime juiced
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In a saucepan combine lime juice, cherries, and sugar on medium to medium-high heat and bring to a boil for 2 minutes
- strain mixture through a fine strainer and press down on the cherries until only the skin is left in the strainer
- whisk egg yolks and slowly add the cherry mixture to it whisking continually until all incorporated, return mixture to heat and melt in the butter while whisking until it thickens (coats back of a spoon)
- remove from heat and let cool
ok, there is a hint of the scone I made to go with the cherry lime curd….ok, I’ll start writing the recipe for that one now!
…Here it is Fresh Cherry Scone Recipe