Avocado alfredeo may just become your new favorite way to enjoy carbs!
We love pasta around here,
and one look at this cute bowl and I knew I just had to have it.
It’s all about the Pasta-bilities…
you can find lots of PASTA here
- Lemon Pasta Salad
- Luau Pasta Salad
- Crab Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Feta Basil Balsamic Pasta Salad
- Mexican Pasta Salad
- Pasta Primavera
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Crab Pasta Sauce
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese
like I said, we love pasta.
Be sure to check out this post on more pasta sauces and pasta alternatives to use these sauces with.
On today’s menu:
Alfredo sauce has long been a favorite of mine, and what’s not to love about it?
It’s creamy and cheesy and delicious,
adding avocado in to make it even creamier and more delicious.
I kept it pretty simple, but you could jazz it up with some lime juice, cilantro and even jalapeños if you want it to have more of a kick.
But some days there is just a need for a GIANT bowl of simple pasta,
this is one of those days.
Grab your avocado and get cooking!
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh garlic, sliced or minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook fettuccine according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a medium saucepan or skillet combine butter and garlic, cook on medium heat for a minute, then whisk in heavy cream and parmesan cheese.
- Add diced avocado and salt,
- cook for 3-4 minutes or until the avocado has melted and the sauce thickens.
- (if your avocado is on the firmer side and you'd like the sauce really smooth, press the avocado through a fine strainer before adding, or pour sauce through the strainer when finished cooking)
- Toss pasta in the sauce and serve
The entire pound of pasta fits in this bowl, it may look like one serving….but really even I would have trouble finishing the whole thing.
But I do love leftovers for breakfast, and it seems someone else in my family like that too!