Mexican Pasta Salad
I have always loved corn on the cob. When I was a kid we had a large garden and corn was one of the best parts. I still love it and find it irresistable when I see it roasted at boardwalks and fairs. Something so simple and it tastes so great. For this recipe I cut the corn off the cob and roast it in a skillet. Frozen corn will work well too,prefer white corn if it’s frozen. The kernels are a bit softer.
- one pound cooked spiral pasta
- 2 ears corn on cob or 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 jalapenos seeded and diced
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- olive oil (to coat pasta)
- Bunch of Cilantro, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cotija Cheese
- Put pasta in a cold water bath, then drain in a strainer.
- Drizzle olive oil over pasta so it doesn't stick together.
- Roast the corn, jalapenos and scallion in a pan on medium heat with a tablespoon oil. Stir and cook until corn is golden.
- Add to large bowl: pasta, corn, jalapenos, scallions, drained beans, cilantro and juice of limes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Before serving add Mexican Cotija Cheese.