Buttermilk Pancake Cupcakes with Maple Frosting and Bacon

Pancakes are huge favorite of my house. I sometimes think my kids you have breakfast lunch and dinner if allowed. Well if they could eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner I figured they could eat these for dessert.

For these easy buttermilk pancake cupcakes I began with Smart and Final’s Buttermilk Pancake Mix. I mixed 2 cups pancake mix with 1 cup milk divided the mix into the cupcake lined pan and baked them at 325° for 13 min.

They came out light and fluffy. It was so tempting to eat one of those warm fluffy pancakes, but I resisted.

After all, what are cupcakes without frosting?

Who would have thought that two basic breakfast items would turn into these!

Maple buttercream frosting

1 1/2 cups butter

2 1/2  cups powdered sugar

1 teaspoon maple extract

2 tablespoons milk

Beat butter, and sugar, extract and milk blend until smooth and creamy.

I piped on the frosting with a number 846 tip, then drizzled the cupcakes with pancake syrup.

These cupcakes were made for breakfast time, right? One bite and you’ll want one every morning for breakfast.

Breakfast, Dessert whichever, the are really easy, fun and delicious!

Pancakes aren’t just for breakfast anymore!

If in fact you think pancakes are for breakfast,

this one’s for you.

Since you couldn’t reach out and grab it, I knew the only right thing to do was enjoy it for you, and enjoy it I did!

These were made from Smart and Final’s First Street Buttermilk Pancake mix and First Street Syrup. The frosting is maple buttercream.

To give them an extra kick, they are topped with turkey bacon {apparently this is my attempt to save calories LOL}

While creating this recipe for Smart and Final as part of their First Street Campaign I did create a few more, and I can’t wait to share them with you. This is a sponsored post, but the opinions of their products are my own.

Smart and Finals Facebook Page

Comments

Thanks Amy!
      I think I can just about imagine most items in cupcake form, is there a support group for that yet? LOL!!!

okay so i know rabbit food rocks and all and I’m not interested in animal products but I did want to comment to say that this is WAY creative!! I’m super impressed and like the “chip” aspect of the final product. i just love that you put breakfast in a cupcake. You get a gold star from me! (not that you can redeem that for anything of value at any point in the future..) I love how clean your blog looks too!

Amee you are so sweet! So wish I had made these for campblogaway :) Thanks so much for your LOVELY comment! Hmmm…you never know I’m going to keep that gold star, it’s worth more than you know!

Paula says

While they are all beautiful and delicious looking, the last one was my favourite! You could have of least waited to see if I was going to show up before you ate it all! LOL

What a nifty idea! Creative and beauty all wrapped up together. Dashing out the door, don’t have time for breakfast? Now you do! Love it!

P.S. And that last one, of course you had to try it, how else would you be able to let everyone else know how delicious they were. 😉

( @downbythehearth )

Emily (Roots+Platters) says

I think I just died and went to cupcake heaven! Seriously. These look divine! My husband and I have this running joke about how bacon should be on a cupcake (he is obsessed with bacon) and now it’s true and in a fashion that I LIKE! :) I think I’ll surprise him this weekend with a batch of these beauties. Thank you SO much for sharing this recipe – looking forward to more!

Wow! These sound amazing. You are super creative to have thought to use the pancake mix this way. I could eat pancakes any time too:) These too!

marla says

Diane, these are such a fun idea for cupcakes! Now if only I could have them every morning for breakfast.

it was easy pancakes and syrup :)
      You are so full of ideas! It’s funny you would ask such a silly thing. They were such a hit, will be making them with my favorite pancake recipe and hopefully they will rise just as high!

My spouse just told me about a bacon birthday party at his work next week. These immediately came to mind. :) Thank you for the clever and delicious recipe Diane!

yum… I would love to try these with Fresh and Easy Meyer Lemon Pancake mix. I will let you know know they turn out. Possibly a lemon glaze for the frosting.

AnieeGee says

Oh man I seen these and just had to try it. Your frosting is amazing and these taste great! My husband just loved them!

Jane says

Hi Dianne, Love the idea of ‘pancake + maple’! I’ve tried baking ‘banana pancake’ cupcakes using pancake mix too and the cake were stuck to the liners! Anyone else had the same problem?
    Nevertheless, you’ve just inspired me to try baking these ones :) thank you.

If you buy Glassine Cupcake Liners cake sticks less to them, they are a little coated, paper liners often stick :( I have good luck with foil liners too. You can lightly spray paper liners, and after they are baked, place them in another paper liner so they don’t look so greasy. Also you can bake them in the cupcake pan sprayed with non stick Baking spray,that type has flour in it and is less greasy and then place them in liners after baking.