There is no need to wait for summer to roll around to make this delicious no mayo Greek Style Potato Salad. It’s full of fresh lemon flavor.
I love Mediterranean food.
And this Greek Potato Salad is making its way to the top of my list.
It must be all the fresh flavors, I find them totally irresistible.
And the winning combo of lemon and oregano.
This Mediterranean potato salad is so delicious, it’s bound to become your new favorite.
Be sure to whip up a batch of pickled turnips if you want to go all out!
Fresh lemon juice and fresh parsley are the true winners in this dish!
But all the ingredients play a key role.
Additionally, you can add kalamata olives, dijon mustard, feta cheese, fresh oregano, more garlic, serve with some sliced hard boiled eggs or add a hard boiled egg to the portion you mash for great flavor.
I’m all about lemon potato salad!
While the potatoes are cooking mix the dressing in a bowl.
potato salad recipe without mayo
- fresh lemon
- red onion
- fresh parsley
- dry oregano
Now about the potaotes. I made the reciepe a few times, I really prefer gold potaotes! But use what you like if you have another variety of potato.
I just LOVE these small gold potatoes. They are the perfect size to cut in half for this recipe. But you can use larger potatoes and cut them into the desired size you’d like for this dish.
Wash and slice the potatoes in half.
If you’re looking for another recipe using these tiny potatoes check out this fun 5-minute breakfast recipe.
Now after you mix everything… mash about 10 potatoes and stir well.
This will coat the potatoes and hold the yummy lemon flavor onto the potatoes… trust me, you want all the flavor to coat these potatoes really well, then serve at room temperature, or pop it in the fridge to chill it. Either way, it’s delicious.
Add additional lemon juice or salt and pepper to taste.
Some of my favorite Mediterranean dishes are:
- lemon garlic chicken kabobs
- homemade hummus
- Greek Chicken
- Greek Chicken Salad with Greek Tomato Dressing
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Greek Spiral Cucumber Salad
- Greek Chicken Meatballs
- Whipped Feta Cheese
- Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Sour Cream Chicken Thighs
- Pickled Turnips
greek no mayo potato salad
- 2 lbs mini gold potatoes cut in half or large gold potatoes cut to the desired size
- 1/4 cup avocado/olive oil
- 3-6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- optional- add 2 tablespoons capers
- In a large pot add cut potatoes, and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil with a teaspoon of coarse kosher salt. Boil about 10-15 minutes until fork tender (smaller potatoes will cook quicker).
- Drain potatoes.
- In a bowl mix the remaining ingredients, mix well. Toss over the cooked potatoes.
- Mash about 10 potatoes and add any additional lemon juice if desired.
- Serve or chill.