I always buy the flat cut, the pointcut is very fatty. I put 1/4 cup vinegar and a 1/4 cup sugar in the water.
- 3-4 lb corned beef
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- *I now cut my corned beef (or any meat) I'm cooking in a pressure cooker smaller, like in half, so that the meat is tender all the way through without having to test it and turn it back on.
- Place the corned beef in the pot, add a cup of water, vinegar and sugar.
- Set the time to 90 minutes for an electric pressure cooker.
- Release pressure, remove meat, allow to cool 10 mintues, then slice.
- Cutting the large portions of beef in half or quartered allow the meat to cook a little quicker and truly ensures it will all be tender.