Each and every year a day rolls around that is just as fun as any other celebrated holiday in my house, it’s St. Patrick’s Day. I’m Irish and enjoy all the Americanized Irish Foods.
March 17th is the day that is celebrated as the feast of St. Patrick, the foremost patron saint of Ireland, who was known to scare the snakes out of Ireland but that seems to be just a story, he is known for bringing Christianity into Ireland.
Many celebrate their Irish heritage with green beer, Irish coffee, parades, and shamrocks for good luck. Sláinte, translates to cheers and good health, so whether you’re Irish or not these recipes will have you celebrating in style!
- Corned Beef- Instant Pot- along with other recipes to finish up the dinner.
- Corned Beef- Slow Cooker- and other quick ideas to make a simpler meal when needed.
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup– super easy you can even purchase cooked corned beef at the deli to make this soup in minutes.
- Green Eggs and Ham- a great deviled egg dish to make for kids and huge fans of Dr. Seuss alike!
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Egg Rolls- enjoy this as an appetizer or meal, they are easy to make and OMG so delicious, you can use deli corned beef and make these year-round!
- Irish Soda Bread– One of my favorite items to celebrate with!
- Colcannon-Irish Potatoes
- Green Eggs and Ham-deviled eggs all decked out
I LOVED visiting Ireland, it truly is the land of a million greens, so pretty and lush, great Castles and scenery, I enjoyed biking around, slinging beer at the Guinness factory, visiting cute bakeries, and loved seeing their “traffic jam” of cows crossings on our adventures. We went to Dublin, Cork, Galway, Killarney, and the Ring of Kerry.
St. Patrick’s day Dessert Ideas:
Mint Chocolate Cake…more
and super fun Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies.
or how about making a batch of these soft frosted cookies with sprinkles for celebrating!
If you’re like to read more on the History of St. Patrick’s Day you’ll find more info HERE and