It’s no secret I love pizza,
just ask anyone who knows me.
I’m always up for a slice. I refer to a whole pizza as a pie. I’m sure you guessed that already seeing as I’m from the East Coast. Everyone calls it a pie there.
It’s hard to change how you talk, although I do think my accent is not what it used to be. I saw myself on an older video a few months ago and couldn’t believe how heavy of an accent used to have. No wonder people would always ask we where I was from. Well they still do, just not EVERY DAY!
Since living in California, I developed a love for Jalapenos. You not surprised, right? I have so many recipes on here with jalapenos I think it may just need it’s own category.
Back to the Jalapeno Pizza, I started with a 16 oz ball of pizza dough
I stretched it and placed in onto my pizza pan that was sprinkled with cornmeal so the dough wouldn’t stick. I topped the dough with a little olive oil and Mozzarella Cheese.
On top of that went thin sliced jalapeno and scallions
It baked in a 500 degree oven for 8 minutes and then I slid it off the tray to crisp the bottom for the remaining minute or so.
Once it cooled just enough to set the cheese I sliced it and added pieces of avocado.
I even put some fresh lime juice on top, it was delicious! This is really my new favorite, and hubby’s too.
- 1 16 oz pizza dough
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½- 2 cups grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 jalapenos seeded and sliced thin
- 3 scallions sliced
- 1 avocado pitted and cut into pieces
- 1 lime (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- cornmeal (so pizza won't stick to pan) approx. 2 tablespoons
- 1 ripe California Avocado
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Place a couple tablespoons cornmeal onto pizza pan.
- Stretch out pizza dough onto round pizza pan.
- Spread oil onto dough
- Place cheese, then jalapeno and scallions salt and pepper.
- Bake for 8 minutes then remove pizza from pan and bake for 2 minutes directly on oven rack to crisp up bottom of pizza.
- Once cheese is set, cut pizza and top with diced avocado and lime.
Here are just a few of the jalapeño recipes
Stuffed Jalapeno Cornbread along with many others can put jalapeño in the search bar on the right if you’d like to see more.
and a few pizzas too…
A special thanks to Mimi Avocado for the delicious Avocados, I received from her on our fun avocado day. If you’d like delicious California Avocados delivered to your door or for a gift remember California Avocados Direct.