Tropical Avocado Smoothie
A fruit smoothie like no other.
Really there is avocado, pineapple, and coconut in this delicious smoothie.
Perfect for Cinco de Mayo or to whip up and enjoy anytime.
I love pineapple and coconut together, it’s such a wonderful taste. I’ve made Grilled Cake and Pineapple that is a super-fun! A really popular quick and easy cupcake with pineapple and coconut is my Luau Cupcakes, both are really perfect for celebrating….even if you are the only one celebrating.
I really can’t get enough of avocados. I just love them and was recently asked how do I enjoy them most and my first thought was well, with a little salt and on a spoon. Really I can’t tell you how many times I eat them as a snack.
I thought it was time to makes something a bit more fun with them. I tend to make more savory items with avocados, like Avocado Sauce, Cilantro Lime Avocado Sauce, that I love over pasta and with chicken, Jalapeño Pizza, I even make Tunafish with Avocados a fun savory Avocado Scone Recipe and even Avocado Lime Cookies that I sometimes add salt to.
Since pineapples seem to be in abundance around here right now, I thought it would be fun to make a cool and refreshing drink with pineapple and avocado. I added some coconut and wow this smoothie was a hit.
- 1/2 cup diced California Avocado
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (I used Fage' Plain Greek Yogurt, you could use, your favorite plain or vanilla yogurt, just adjust the sugar and vanilla accordingly)
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut (chopped)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Orlando Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
- 6-8 ice cubes
- In blender add avocado, yogurt, vanilla, pineapple, coconut, milk, vanilla, sugar, and ice. Blend until smooth.
If you’re looking for a fun tropical drink this will sure fit the bill.
If you’re looking to celebrate Cinco de Mayo all day long and need a variation from all the cervezas and Margaritas, this will be perfect!