There is one thing I’m really clear about…
I love lemon! And these lemon pepper chicken legs are at the top of my yummy list.
Oh my, lemon pepper.
A great flavor combo and wow it is tasty!
I know chicken wings are super popular, but I prefer legs!
These are baked, baked crispy on a rack over a baking sheet so they crisp up. These can be grilled if you prefer.
Here are some of my other savory lemon recipes:
- Lemon Vodka Sauce
- Lemon Dill Tuna Pasta Salad
- Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- Lemon Puttanesca
- Shrimp Roll with Lemon Basil Aioli
- Lemon Risotto
- and a yummy Lemon French Toast more sweet than savory but a must make none the less!
Marinate the chicken legs for about an hour, then place them on a rack over a baking sheet and bake until they are CRISP!
These are full of flavor, some garlic along with the lemon and pepper.
Lemon pepper seasoning is readily available in grocery stores. If you don’t happen to have it or can’t find it in time to make some, use coarse black pepper, lemon rind, onion powder, celery salt. I myself keep lemon pepper on hand and love it on a salad!
- 1½ tablespoon lemon pepper spice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon juiced (about 2 tablespoons) for the marinade
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2½ lbs chicken legs (about 7 legs)
- In a gallon plastic bag place lemon juice, garlic powder, olive oil, and 1 tablespoon along with chicken legs, marinade for 1 hour in the fridge (or longer if desired)
- Place the chicken legs on a rack over a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes, then turn the chicken legs over to crisp up the second side for 10 minutes.
- You'll want the chicken to be cooked well and be tender. Check the temperature with a thermometer.
- After baking shake some more lemon pepper seasoning before serving.