This brown sugar soy glazed chicken is made with simple ingredients that pack lots of delicious flavor!
I don’t know about you but we eat a LOT of chicken,
recently I’ve been buying more boneless skinless chicken thighs than ever before,
they are so juicy and tender and well…. yummy.
You can easily use this recipe on chicken breasts, If you do make it with chicken breasts keep an eye on them as they are dryer when cooked compared to thighs, add 2 tablespoons vinegar or lime juice to make the chicken breasts more tender. It’s not necessary when using thighs. I know some people don’t prefer chicken thighs, but I insist you try them just once… maybe you’ll like them better like we do.
There are many reasons to use chicken thighs, they are really hard to overcook, they don’t dry out, they can be baked in the oven, or grilled, you could even put them in a slow cooker or pressure cooker.
The marinade can be boiled down with some cornstarch slurry and brushed over the cooked chicken when the chicken is finished cooking, this gives it the EXTRA yumminess for sure.
I’m a sauce girl… through and through, but it must be flavorful!
You can find more of my sauce recipe HERE
- Look at my post on how to make Great Gravy!
- And this Cheese Sauce, which is not only great on mac and cheese, but great on broccoli, or to dip chips into. Add some jalapenos or a few tablespoons of salsa to kick it up a bit.
- My Lemon Wine Browned Butter Sauce is always delightful, over chicken, veggies and perfect for making simple foods taste amazing.
If you’re looking for tender, flavorful, YUMMY chicken, this is it!
I love how quickly this recipe comes together, I typically have all the items on hand and it can grab onto the flavor quickly, I marinade it for 30 minutes then bake or grill it.
I marinated it overnight to see how it would taste and it was delicious. But I prefer the faster 30-minute version. I’m rarely a plan ahead type.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon garlic (fresh minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon oil (I use avocado oil)
- 1 teaspoon dry ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground chili paste (I use Sambal Oelek)
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch to add to the marinade to cook and create a thick sauce to brush over cooked chicken.
- sliced green onion
- toasted sesame seeds
- In a gallon zipper bag place chicken along with soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, oil, ginger, cguku paste, and crushed red pepper.
- Marinade for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 or grill to high.
- Bake chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet at 375 for 30-40 minutes or until cooked to 170° and charred on the edges or grill the chicken on the grill until the internal temperature is 170°
- Save the marinade and heat it in a saucepan by mixing cornstarch into the sauce before you turn on the heat, so it's smooth, then heat it up until it's thick.
- Brush sauce over cooked chicken.
- Top chicken with sliced green onion and sesame seeds.
I’ve made this with boneless pork chops and it’s really delicious as well.