It’s always fun celebrating birthdays!
The cake is the best part, if you ask me.
Well I think it should’t be any different for cats and dogs.
They deserve a cake on their special day too, don’t you think?
Maybe they could even wear silly party hats too.
Oh… come on, you know you’ve tried dressing your cat or dog up in a costume, hat or sunglasses before. Maybe you put them in a pumpkin. It’s estimated that Americans spend $370 million on Halloween Pet Costumes this year. So if you think my idea of a cake for your pet is crazy there are people WAY more crazy than me out there.
Here is a quick and easy no-bake birthday cake you can give to your pets.
This cupcake pop is perfect for a smaller dog or cat. Just put a candle in the top and start singing. That is unless your pet is shy, then maybe hum the birthday song. Everyday is special with our pets, they bring such joy to our lives. No better way to show them how happy we are with them on their special day than with a cake especially for them.
Jack and Charlie
I pray we will have many, many birthdays to celebrate with our pets and now a fun cake for them to indulge in.
Sometimes I think I even catch them dancing….
Well maybe they aren’t dancing…..either way we sure have fun with them both.
Today we are celebrating Charlie becoming a member of our family as well as his second birthday! We are so lucky to have him.
I sewed him a neckerchief with cupcakes on it just for his birthday.
If you want to see more updates about Charlie and Jack, follow me on instagram 🙂
Be sure to also check out this post it has my top 10 must-have items for your dog.
- 1½ cups Iams Cat or Dog ProActive Health Senior Plus food (any dry cat/dog food will work)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- put cat food into food processor along with peanut butter and pumpkin puree.
- Pulse until it resembles coarse crumbs and sticks together.
- Press into a 4 inch spring form mini cake pan or roll into a cake pops.
- Remove from cake pan.
- Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons water to make icing to pour over top of cake. Spread it with a spatula and decorate with sprinkles.