What makes this soup thick?
How can this soup be made creamier?
What can be added to make the soup richer tasting?
What will give this soup more flavor?
What should I avoid doing when making this soup?
you’ll want to try these soups too…
- 6 medium potaotes
- 8 oz bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 medium carrots chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 stalks celery chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 white onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1-2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheddar
- sour cream
- green onions
- Prepare the potatoes by washing and baking at 350° for 1 hour, or microwave for 12 minutes, then chop into pieces.
- Prepare bacon, either microwave it, or saute it.
- In a 5 quart pot over medium high heat sauce carrot, onion, celery in butter for 2 minutes.
- Add in flour and stir.
- Slowly add in chicken broth and simmer over medium heat.
- Then add in the cooked and chopped potatoes, slowly pour in the milk and chicken bouillon, stir well.
- When it comes to a simmer (small bubbles) add in the cheese and bacon and stir.
- Simmer for a few minutes until desired thickness.
- Add cornstarch to a half cup of water poured into simmering soup if you want it thicker.
- Serve with added cheese, sour cream, and green onions.