What do you eat with cheesy potatoes?
This side dish is great with chicken, ham, beef, pork, you name it, it goes great at cookouts as a side dish to hot dogs, hamburgers, ribs, and grilled vegetables. It’s great for brunches, as. a vegetarian main dish, add in some diced mushrooms fo another flavor option.
Can you freeze cheesy potatoes after baking?
Yes, I’ve frozen a portion of this with very good results when thawed and reheated. Reheat in the oven, on the stove in a skillet, or in the microwave.
Can you use shredded frozen hashbrowns instead of cubed potatoes?
Yes, use any style frozen potato you’d like, this dish is very flexible.
What can be used to change up the flavor of this dish?
if you want it “saucier” add more sour cream or cream of chicken soup, want it cheesier, add more cheese, if you like another variety of cheese, use what you like, monetary jack cheese, mozzarella cheese, Havarti cheese, pepper jack cheese.
- 1 large package frozen hash browns
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
- garlic pepper
- optional-chopped scallions
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients together and mix well.
- Layer it in a 13x9 dish (smaller if you want it thicker, but it will take longer to bake, or bigger or more shallow dish to be crispier and it will take a little less time to bake)
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes, until the cheese, is all melted and bubbly and the inside center of the dish is thoroughly hot.