It seems like when the weather warms up its time for a Luau!
This is my solution to an easy and delicious party.
Luau Cupcakes are certainly a MUST!
Just one look at these and they SCREAM P-A-R-T-Y!!!!
Which should tell you one thing for sure they should definitely be on your next party dessert table!
These were a fun and colorful addition to a Luau Dinner I made for over 20 guests. Cooking for a crowd does have its challenges, but with a few tips and tricks it can come off without a hitch. I prefer to make the dessert a day ahead, but not this time. There was no time and everyone was made just hours before everyone arrived.
I just love how the toasted coconut and pineapple flavors go together.
The bright colors are so pretty it already looks like a PARTY has started.
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks
- 1 container whipped white frosting
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
- maraschino cherries
- Prepare cupcakes according to package directions, replacing the pineapple juice for the water called for in the recipe.
- Bake cupcakes according to package
- Cool cupcakes completely.
- Toast coconut in a frying pan on medium-low heat until golden (be sure coconut is cool before adding it to the frosting or it will make the frosting melt.)
- Frost cupcakes with a spatula with white frosting
- Roll the edges of the cupcakes in the toasted coconut.
- Place a piece of pineapple on top along with a cherry.