Yes, I couldn’t resist grilling cake, really and it was delicious.
I loved the toasted taste and the crispy edges, and so I piled on grilled pineapple and this easy and wonderful sauce, oh and then it was topped off with toasted coconut and a cherry.
Really, you can’t go wrong with a cherry on top, can you?
Sam’s Club asked me “Will it Grill?”
I walked the Aisles of the store wondering what I could come up with to grill that maybe you don’t see everyday. I had a few ideas along the way, but once I saw the Angel Food Cake I knew… I’m going to grill cake and fruit and put that delicious cheesecake dip I’ve made for years on it and I dress it up like a sundae….hence the cherry on top.
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1 Angel Food Cake
- 1 package pineapple spears
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- Maraschino Cherries
- Mix room temperature cream cheese with marshmallow fluff until smooth and creamy. Place this into piping bag.
- Toast coconut in pan on medium-low heat until golden.
- Slice Angel Food Cake into 1½ inch-2 inch slices.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
- Place pineapple on grill for 10 minutes turning so all sides get heated evenly.
- Place Angel Food Pieces on Grill the last 4 minutes while you are grilling the pineapple, turning each minute to toast each side. They will then all be done about the same time.
- Place the cake on the serving plate with a drizzle of the sauce then add the pineapple and another drizzle of sauce, top with toasted coconut and a cherry.
The “sauce” reminds me of a cheesecake-ish filling. It’s great on other fruit as well. You can add vanilla extract to it, or another extract that you prefer. This would be great with lemon extract and I did see a lemon bundt cake while I was shopping and you could take this dessert in another direction and go with a whole lemon theme, just an idea!
If you liked this post, you may like:
I was compensated to purchase items for this post. All opinions are my own, those are priceless.