Sometimes I just wish dips weren’t just piled high in a dish.
You could adapt this idea to your favorite dip recipe,
This appetizer always gets loads of attention
how it would travel to a party
flavor options for this recipe
You can use canned shrimp in this recipe instead of crab, you can use canned or freshly cooked salmon, tuna from a can as well.
Add in some fresh dill to kick up the flavor a bit or your favorite herb to go with the item you choose (shrimp, tuna, salmon, or crab) any fish would do as well.
You can also add in some fresh lemon juice about a tablespoon would be plenty.
I’m glad you stopped by.
let me know if you need help with a recipe.
If this is your first time here, sign up for my emails HERE you’ll also get my free ebook.
I answer the age-old question, ” what should I make” simple,
with easy dinner idea, great appetizers, party food, and desserts! Something for everyone. I’ve been blogging for 10 years and have over 1200 recipes posted on my blog here. What would you like to see me make next?
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 package reduced fat cream cheese
- ½ cup non-fat plain yogurt (or you can use mayonnaise if preferred)
- 1 onion diced (I prefer red, but use white if that's all I have)
- 2 packages plain gelatin
- 10-12oz canned lump crabmeat (drained)
- wax paper to cover molds
- *Have all items ready before beginning-the gelatin sets quickly
- if you forget to chop the onion and try to do it later (believe me!)
- In a medium saucepan, you will be constantly stirring with a whisk or wooden spoon.
- Heat the tomato soup (do not add water)
- add gelatin and makes sure there are no lumps
- bring to a boil
- add cream cheese, yogurt, and onion
- once everything is heated,
- remove from heat and stir in crab.
- Place mixture in the mold sprayed with an oil spray for easy release.
- Place wax paper to cover dip.
- Refrigerate 6-8 hours or overnight.
I really do love dips so be sure to check out some of my other popular appetizer recipes below.
- Fried Ravioli with Feta Basil Dip
- Texas Egg Rolls
- Prosciutto and Cantaloupe
- Crab Dip
- Avocado Cream Cheese Wontons