Run, run, as fast as you can….
I just love gingerbread boys, men, women, children, houses. You name it if it’s this cute I’ll love it.
I’d run and run to catch up to these yummy guys!
These aren’t your typical gingerbread cookies, they are a lightened up version on the spices. I do like traditional gingerbread cookies, my mom makes them every year, but these are a version I can’t stop eating.
I just love gingerbread items this time of year. I just posted Gingerbread Scones and another of my favorites is Gingerbread Butter and it goes great with gingerbread french toast too. These Gingerbread Cheesecake Bites are easy to make and very easy to devour!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Beat butter and sugar
- Add the molasses egg, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
inthe flour, baking powder, salt and blend until all combined.
- Roll cookies on floured surface and cut with gingerbread boy cookie cutter
- Place each tray of cut out cookies in fridge for 10 minutes or until chilled
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm and lightly golden.
- Remove from baking sheets after a minute and once they are completely cooled.
Allow icing to completely dry before stacking.
I’m participating in the Food Blogger Cookie Swap and sent a dozen cookies to each of these food bloggers,Kate from The Forgotten Spoon, Kristi from Cook in Love, and Traci from Burnt Apple. In turn I received a dozen cookies from, Aubrey and Stacy from Real Housemoms Pistachio Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies,from Bonniebella I received Banana Reese’s pieces cookies and Melissa from Melissa’s Cuisine sent me Peppermint Chocolate Biscotti, actually sent cookies to last year for the cookie swap 🙂
This year OXO gave each participant a spatula in hopes of raising awareness for childhood cancer. What a great way to bring everyone together for such a good cause.
I participated last years in the Food Blogger Cookie Swap and made these:
Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies