Don’t you just love it when you feel like you could
just reach out and take a bite?
Well, that is what my friend said when she saw this photo I took of the dinner I made.
I think cooking is often easier than baking, very little measuring required-guessing works
Shrimp Scampi is a classic dish that can be served ANYTIME!
It’s no secret shrimp dishes are some of my favorites, and this one is not only a classic dish, it’s simple to make and makes a great appearance, so serve it to impress…
I know I have, and it’s WOWed many!
Cook a pound of angel hair pasta-Barilla is my favorite.
In a frying pan, put butter and olive oil
add in the minced garlic
Add these shrimp and turn to cook evenly
Pour in the wine and lemon juice, and cook shrimp to 120°.
Pour shrimp and sauce over pasta, add oregano, salt, and pepper to taste.
Then top with Romano (or Parmesan0) Cheese.
- 1 lb pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 lemon juiced
- pinch oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- top with grated Romano cheese
- While the pasta is cooking
- In a hot skillet add butter and oil, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds, add the shrimp and turn until all pink.
- Add in wine and lemon juice.
- Cover with a lid if you have really big shrimp and they need another minute to cook, shrimp only need to reach a temperature of 120°.
- Place shrimp over pasta along with the sauce, add oregano, salt, and pepper to taste, and top with cheese.
If you like this or any other recipe on Created by Diane be sure to share the post with the ones you love. You can click on the “share” buttons on the top and the bottom of each post, you can share it on social media or in an email.
~Sign up for email updates and GET delicious recipes delivered right to you! Plus get my free e-cookbook too.