Chocolate Chip Cut Out Cookies are like typical chocolate chip cookies, only better! Rolled out and cut with cookie cutters, they can be made into any shape for any occasion.
I believe that chocolate chip cookies are always a GOOD idea!
I love that this Chocolate Chip Cut Out Cookie Recipe allows me to cut them into any fun shape I want. I love hearts just about as much as I love cookies, so I decided on heart-shaped cookies.
They’d brighten anyone’s day!
The Cut Out Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for this recipe is just perfect…
you get warm, perfectly soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies every time.
Trust me… I’ve sampled enough that I consider myself an expert at this point.
How Do I Decorate Chocolate Chip Cut Out Cookies?
You can decorate these chocolate chip cut out cookies with glaze or buttercream frosting, sprinkles, or any candy of your choice! Here are some of my posts on decorating cookies and making glaze icing or buttercream frosting:
- How to Ice Cookies Without a Piping bag
- Glaze Icing Recipe
- How to Decorate Cookies WITH a Piping Bag
- Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Don’t forget to get my COOKIE GUIDE, it’s free!
Can I Freeze Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough?
You can definitely freeze chocolate chip cookie dough. In fact, it’s one of my favorite hacks for having warm chocolate chip cookies on a whim. For this Roll Out Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, I prefer to roll the dough out between two pieces of wax paper or parchment before freezing. Wrap the rolled dough tightly with plastic wrap, cover in a layer of foil, and place in the freezer until you’re ready for cookies!
Just thaw at room temperature until the dough is soft enough to cut and you’re good to go. Cut and bake as usual.
How Long is Homemade Cookie Dough Good in the Freezer?
If wrapped tightly, homemade cookie dough is good in the freezer for about 4-6months, although we never go without eating it for that long around here!
What Can I Add to Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough?
I’ve added all kinds of things to these cookies, from rainbow sprinkles, mini M&Ms, cut up candy bars, even different kinds of chips like white chocolate or peanut butter. Just add to the dough when you’re adding your chocolate chips and mix well. If adding chocolate candy or other chips, I typically reduce the amount of chocolate chips in this recipe to even it out.
If you like these, be sure to check out some of my other cookie recipes.
There are lots of good ones to choose from… keep scrolling I’ve added lots more info after the recipe.
I’m not sure I’d bake as much as I do if it weren’t for THIS mixer, it sure makes it easy.
- ⅓ cup melted butter (salted)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups chocolate chips (mini chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir butter and brown sugar and together, then add vanilla and eggs on at a time, beat until each is incorporated.
- Add baking powder and flour, mix well. Add chips and blend.
- Flour your surface and roll out dough or roll dough between 2 sheets of wax paper.
- The chips do make it more challenging to roll the dough, but it will come together easily to be cut into shapes.
- Cut with a cookie cutter and bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before stacking.
If you LOVE hearts, you’ll love this post filled with TONS of heart-shaped recipes HERE.
I have LOTS of posts on all types of cookies, be sure to check them out. (links below)
- cookie tips guide
- how to bake perfect cookies
- Easy Cut Out Sugar Cookies
- Cookie Dough Recipe that holds its shape
- Soft Sugar Cookies and Frosting
- How to ice cookies with a piping bag
- Brush on glaze icing
- resources, recipes, items, and instructions for baking perfect cookies
- royal icing recipe
Be sure to sign up for my Emails specifically for COOKIE TIPS HERE!
If you like chocolate chip cookies, you will LOVE THIS!