THIS is my FAVORITE PIE CRUST RECIPE you won’t believe how easy it is.
You can make pie crust or use the type you unroll and place in a pie dish, or you can use the type that is frozen and pre shaped. This would also be great with a graham cracker crust as well.
You do not pre-bake the pie crust, simple add the filling to the pie crust and bake all together.
Mix half the cranberries to the mix, then add the remaining cranberries to the top of the pie.
When the pie bakes it puffs up a bit, but settles as it cools.
Be sure to cool completely then place in the fridge until it’s cold.
This cranberry cheesecake pie is great for Thanksgiving or Christmas or to cheer up a cold and gloomy cold day,
if you’re looking for more Thanksgiving and other holiday recipes take a look at some of these:
Another great pie is this cranberry coconut custard pie
Roast Pork loin with cranberries, an easy and delicious meal.
6 homemade cranberry sauce recipes, there is a favorite flavor for everyone, take a look.
And don’t miss seeing these mini cranberry pecan pies, they are my dad’s favorite and I make them for him every year. They have become one of my most requested recipes to make.
- 1 pie crust, homemade or store bought (the filling will fill a 9" pie crust)
- 2-8 oz packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 16 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare pie plate with pie crust. (no need to pre bake pie crust, just add the filling and bake)
- In a food processor add 2 (room temperature) packages of cream cheese
- along with 1 cup sour cream and sugar and half package cranberries
- process until smooth
- Transfer mix to a bowl
- Mix in each egg
- then add in 1 tsp vanilla
- Once it was poured into the pie shell, place the other half bag of cranberries on top.
- Bake it at 325 for 45 minutes
- If you use a smaller pie crust, you can bake any remaining filling in small oven-safe dishes.
- Turn the oven off and leave the pie in the oven for one more hour.
- Remove pie, allow to cool completely before refrigerating.
- Cheesecake is best served cold.
- Place the cheesecake pie in the fridge and allow it to chill for at least 4 hours to set up nicely.