This is the perfect combination of sweet and slightly tangy, in a pie suited perfectly for your holiday dessert table.
I’ve always loved coconut,
so coming up with a delicious pie for the holidays this year,
I incorporated the great flavor of cranberry into a coconut custard pie.
It’s creamy, thick, and delicious with a nice tanginess from cranberries… all neatly tucked into a pie crust.
The cranberries allow the pie to be not overly sweet… which even the person with the biggest sweet tooth loved and ate at least 4 pieces of. I think that really says it all!
Oh, how I LOVE pie, don’t you…
- HERE is my recipe and instructions on How to Make Pie Crust in a Food Processor.
- HERE is another one of my fun flavor combination pie Cranberry Cheesecake Pie.
- In the photo above is also a great Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- And the other pie I make often is Chocolate Espresso Pudding Pie
I topped the pie with stabilized whipped cream and toasted coconut:
I love pie so much, I’ve been known to bake extra pies… just so I can enjoy a slice for breakfast for a week, things like that always drove my dad crazy, I would just laugh, and put the pie in my mouth. He’s a pie lover too, but not for breakfast, but he’ll certainly enjoy one or two slices for dessert!
- 1 pie crust, unbaked
- 1 cup cranberries
- ¼ cup water
- ⅔ cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-14 oz can coconut milk
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups shredded sweetened coconut
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- In a skillet over medium-high heat stir cranberries with water and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees,
- Simmer until cranberries are softened, press them with a spatula and cook the mixture until the liquid has thickened and dried out a bit, like a paste.
- Place cranberry mixture with coconut milk into a cup or bowl and blend with an immersion blender until smooth or in a food processor.
- In a medium bolw, whisk ⅔ cups sugar with eggs until fluffy.
- Stir milk into the egg mixture then mix in flour, coconut, salt, and coconut extract.
- Stir cranberry mixture into egg mixture unitl smooth.
- Pour pie filling into pie crust.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with foil so it doens't brown too much.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 40 more mintues or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let pie completely cool, then put it in the refrigerator to completely chill at least 4 hours.