I love the fresh flavor of cilantro.
Fish tacos are always a favorite around here,
What other options for this sauce are there?
If you’d like this sauce creamy, you can add an egg, or a 1/4 cup heavy cream, or an avocado.
I often make taco bowls for meal prep and have a post here with all the details at least 15 servings and believe me they’re so delicious they get devoured fast!
- 1 bunch Cilantro (about 3/4 cup chopped)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chilies, or canned diced jalapenos if you like spicy foods.
- 1/3-1/2 cup oil (vegetable oil, avocado oil or use a very light olive oil) add more oil as needed to get the consistency you want.
- pinch of salt
- *optional 1 egg
- You'll process the ingredients with an immersion blender, traditional blender, or food processor.
- Add all ingredients together in a blender and drizzle in the oil until the sauce thickens and emulsifies.
- I sometimes add an egg to make the sauce thicker and creamier.