The BEST Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe

The best peanut butter cookie recipe @createdbydiane

This is one DELICIOUS peanut butter cookie recipe and it makes 6 dozen cookies, plenty of cookies to fill them and stack them up too.

I’m sure you’ve had your fair share of peanut butter cookies from Nutter Butters to the Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies from the Girl Scouts and all the homemade and store bought peanut butter cookies  in between. For anyone allergic to peanut butter, I am so sorry!

These peanut butter cookies are different.

Peanut butter cookies are often firm and on the crunchy dryer side,

but these are chewy which I really like (and so did everyone else)

Yes all 6 dozen cookies were gone in no time.

The possibilities are endless of how this one cookie recipe. I Chocolate dipped some and added peanuts. I pressed others with a fork for crispier cookies. I filled some peanut butter cookies with a delicious peanut butter filling for a homemade Nutter Butter, others got a chocolate drizzle, and some even got colored sprinkles, which are perfect for Valentines Day for someone you are NUTS for :)

Peanut Butter Cookies {printable recipe}

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup butter

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup granulated sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 teaspoon baking powder

3 cups flour

Beat butter, peanut butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs one an a time, then vanilla. Mix baking powder with flour, then add flour a cup at a time.

Roll dough out on lightly floured surface and cut into desired shape with cookie cutter dipped into flour.

Made 6 dozen cookies.

I made some cookies thicker than others and I really liked the chewiness of the thicker cookies, so next time I will be making them all thick!

Bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes. Until they are just getting golden on the bottom, to ensure you will not have a dry cookie.

The cookies with the fork marks are crispier, so if you prefer a crispy cookie. Press a for on the tops of the cookies creating a criss cross design.

Peanut butter filling for filling cookies like Nutter Butter Cookies

1/2 cup peanut butter

3 tablespoons butter

2 cups powdered sugar

3 tablespoons milk

Beat peanut butter and butter together then add powdered sugar and milk and mix until creamy.

These were dipped in Chocolate Ganache and then pressed into chopped peanuts.

These received a chocolate ganache drizzle which were so delicious, just like a fudge sauce on a sundae.

these were pressed with a fork,

and these I poured sugar sprinkles on when they were hot out of the oven so they would stick in the grooves.

I’ve been on a real peanut butter kick, did you see my other peanut butter treats?

Mini Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups

Mini Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups

Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies

Comments

Paula says

Like chocolate chip cookies, you can never have enough recipes. These peanut butter ones look amazing and I love all the different ways you decorated them. (any left for anyone???)

These are so beautiful. I look at those photos and think, “fit for the Queen, for sure!”

I love peanut butter cookies but they are never “pretty” but yours are divine!

Thanks so much Maureen, I usually don’t think they are pretty either. That is why I had to make them into hearts :)

Hi Aaethi, I wanted to thank you for all you wonderful comments. They often end up in my spam folder as you leave a link to your site in them, I would suggest if you like for others to know where they can find you add (yummytummy) after your name when filling out the name area, you can also add it to google if you use it to sign in with. I already receive the information where to find your wonderful site and I wouldn’t want your great comments to end up in other bloggers spam folders as well :) Hope this is helpful, Diane

Andrea says

These look wonderful! Please tell me, do you think they would work if you added chocolate chips to the peanut butter dough? I love PB cookies with chocolate chunks 😛

Trish says

I am an absolute peanut butter freak but I hardly ever make just regular old peanut butter cookies. I think I’ll have to give these a try :)

Michelle says

My daughter asked me if we could make cookie cutter cookies today, and your recipe stuck right out to me on a google image search. This dough had such a great consistency, and I loved that we didn’t have to wait forever for them to chill in the fridge. She is on cloud 9, so thank you!

Cristina says

Mmmm…love the sound and look of these Nutter Butter Cookies (that creme filling), Diane. Making these for sure & pinning! :)

Hi! My daughter wants these for her birthday, can I just cut everything in the recipe in half to make 3 dozen instead of six dozen? I’ll be up all night making them otherwise! Thanks. They look delicious.

KM says

I made these today, and while they taste great, they were almost impossible to roll and cut, regardless of how much flour I used, even after chilling (which I resorted to after the first few tries). The dough is too soft and sticky. After the first dozen I just used the traditional method of rolling and smooshing with a fork.

Disappointed that we couldn’t do them as cutouts, as my 3yo was really looking forward to helping with that.

Kiva Jo says

your cookies look absolutely beautiful! I had a question…I normally use natural peanut butter, the one with the oil on top. Do you think this will mess up the recipe?

I haven’t used that type of peanut butter in these cookies, but as long as it’s not too oily (mix it well) I think it will be ok. If the dough is loose, add more flour before rolling it out. You can adjust the consistency very easily be adding more flour (1/4 cup-1/2-cup, up to 1 cup if needed) and I think the result will be fine.

Kiva Jo says

Thanks so much for replying so quickly. I will definitely do that (mix it well), and try an make these cookies. They would make a beautiful presentation for a Valentines gift for my PB cookie loving friends. Thanks again!!

This recipe made really yummy cookies that kept their shape. However the dough was both crumbly and sticky at the same time. It wasn’t the easiest to cut out and stamp. But well worth the effort.

Be sure your butter is slightly cool, but at room temperature for about 30 minutes before you begin mixing it. Don’t add all the flour at once if you feel it was crumbly do to too much flour. Everyone tends to measure flour differently, so add the last 1/ 4cup flout as needed and that should help. Don’t over work the dough, it should be smooth. Once it comes together in the mixer, it’s ready to roll out. Hope that is helpful.

1. […] the frosting was from a recipe I got from Created by Diane. I was banking on it being a creamy fluffy frosting, but it is actually more of a sticky fondant, I […]