Cranberry Cheesecake Pie

Cranberry Cheesecake Pie from @createdbydiane #pie #cranberry #Thanksgiving
It may sound like an unusual combination, but just imagine…
the tartness of the cranberries and the sweetness of cheesecake all in a wonderfully delicious pie.
A Cranberry Cheesecake Pie
I placed a rolled out Pillsbury Pie Crust into my pie plate and fluted the edge.
This was my test pie to see if it would make it’s way onto the Thanksgiving table.
 Yes it will be on the dessert table, with a homemade crust :)
I just love how pretty pink it turned out.
It was DELICIOUS,
Who knew? I was very surprised as I typically only prefer plain cheesecake. I do sometimes like it topped with blueberries, but most times I like it plain.
The cranberries were the perfect item to put into my unusual pie.

I like it served chilled.

cranberry cheesecake pi

cranberry cheesecake pie @createdbydiane

cranberry cheesecake pie @createdbydiane

Cranberry Cheesecake Pie
* I used a Pillsbury pie crust this was my test pie to see if it would make it’s way onto the Thanksgiving table.
 Yes it will be on the dessert table, with a homemade crust :)
*One pie crust
 2 packages cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 bag fresh Cranberries
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 Tablespoons flour
 In blender add 2 room temperature packages of cream cheese
along with 1 cup sour cream
 1/2 a bag of fresh cranberries, 3/4 cups sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 4 Tablespoons flour.
 Blended until the cranberries were smooth, then added three eggs and gave a quick pulse until all was incorporated.
Once it was poured into the pie shell, I placed the other half bag of cranberries on top.
I baked it at 325 for 45 minutes.
It then looked like the photo above, the center was a little set, but still wiggled.
I turned off the oven and let it sit in there for another hour.
cranberry cheesecake pie @createdbydiane
cranberry cheesecake pie @createdbydiane
Don’t forget about these other treats!
I baked up Mini Cranberry Pecan Pies with Southern Comfort,
these too will be on the dessert table!

Thanksgiving is next week here is a table topper idea made out of fruit

It’s my Fruiturkian great for kids to make while you’re busy in the kitchen,

maybe even making the Baked Brie with Walnut Glaze, or

you could make this Pumpkin Dip

or crab appetizer

While you’re up early putting your turkey in the oven maybe a bake a batch of scones

pumpkin scones would start the day off right, don’t you think?

Last year I made Mini Apple Crisp Pies
I even won a love the pie t shirt, that my mom made into an apron for me.
I LOVE PIE!!!!
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend     wrap    up           party!
I’ve also linked it up at the weekend wrap-up party
WOW there are so many great things to see there, be sure to stop by :)
I also linked up with
53 Comments

don't forget to confirm email sent and enjoy every recipe

Comments

Ellen Fitz says:

Looks yummy. Are the whole cranberries on top the other half of the bag? Did you add them in the beginning or after it had been baking for awhile? Would love to know so I can try this recipe!

Ellen Fitz says:

Never mind – I see the question was answered. Thanks again!

Oh that looks really good. I never thought about cranberries and cheesecake together. Although I think you can put almost anything with cheesecake and it will be yummy lol.

Bridget baked a beautiful Cranberry Apple Pie for Tidymom's Party and now I see here your beautiful Cranberry Cheesecake. Love the red and pink colours and I'll just bet it tastes twice as good as it looks.

As always Diane, your photos are fabulous.

Michele @ Healthy Cultivations says:

This is gorgeous and may even be genius!!! Cranberries and cheesecake… I'm pleasantly surprised.

What a pretty pie! I think I might have to try making this for our Thanksgiving dinner.

The Captain's Daughter says:

Oh, my!!

Well done!

Pie is on my list!

This sounds great and looks beautiful and festive. Great idea to use cranberries in a cheesecake. I would never have thought of that.

I am going to a cookie/pie swap on Sunday and was looking for something unusual and festive to take. So I think I found my pie…thanks:)

What a wonderful creation!!!!! amazing

Sandy a la Mode says:

oh my lord!! this pie just filled up my whole screen and i MUST MAKE IT!!!!

a moderate life says:

Hi Diane! Visiting you back from a moderate life. I am now following your blog, your tweets and I liked you on facebook! This cranberry pie is simply wonderful! Love cheesecake in any form and I think the tartness of the cranberries is a perfect pairing! I would love it if you stopped by my place on tuesdays for the hearth and soul blog hop. I think you would fit in wonderfully with our foodie love community! all the best. Alex@amoderatelife

a moderate life says:

Yah! Diane! You linked up to the hearth and soul hop! Wonderful! I will add you to the twitter list for the hearth and soul hop daily, so look for updates on our daily "newspaper" featuring articles from all the hearth and soul hop community members! Glad to have you on board. I think you will really feel at home. All the best! Alex

Doesn't sound like an odd combination at ALL…..OMG I'm drooling here Diane…..it sounds and looks amazing!!!

and I was just thinking about your pie t-shirt apron the other day!! that was SO cute!!

Thanks for sharing and linking up!!

a very delicious pie indeed!

cheryl@scrapaddict4sure says:

Well honestly you had me at cheesecake! If you have a moment please stop by and link up this recipe at my blog I think my followers would love this

That looks delicious! I love cranberries but never thought of putting them in a cheesecake before.

You truly came up with a winner, Diane!

That is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
    and it sounds delicious!

Erin @ EKat's Kitchen says:

My jaw dropped when I saw your pictures! This looks absolutely amazing and wonderful. I bet the tart cranberries went wonderfully with a sweet cheesecake! Lovely!

Hope you'll swing by and check out my CSN Giveaway this week.

Meaghan Frubalee says:

holy cow! what a perfect thanksgiving treat! i LOVE cranberries but, their tartness can be difficult to work with sometimes! thanks for posting!!

-meg @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com/

bridget {bake at 350} says:

Diane….this looks amazing! I LOVE cranberries (and cheesecake)! :) and it looks polka-dotted! Great idea!

RecipeGirl says:

It looks delicious, but I'm more impressed with how darn PURDY it is!! So yummy!

Yum! I am drowning in my drool. Thanks for this recipe – I must make it!

What a beautiful holiday pie! I bookmarked your recipe and hope to try it around the holidays! Thanks!

The Soy Box says:

looks great!

Oh. Em. Gee.

This pie looks AMAZING!! I love cranberries. So pretty and yummy and festive. Plus, I love cheesecake, so this is a total win/win.

I figured I'd better stop by since our pies are "neighbors". ;)

Kristan
    Cookbook Queen

::drooling!::

This looks/sounds FABULOUS! Love ALL of the ingredients! This has been bookmarked!

Great blog; happy I found you!

Mary xo
    Delightful Bitefuls

I am a little hesitant to use a dough crust. Do you think it would be good to use a graham cracker crust instead?

Ryan and Sara says:

Basically it was love at first site with this cheese cake. Oh. My. Goodness. How many cups of cranberries do you suggest?

i've been making a cranberry orange cheesecake for years, but the orange is inside he cheesecake and the cranberries are a topping. this looks divine and i will definitely be making it. wahoo! found your link off of pioneer woman.

I was just discussing this cranberry cheesecake pie with a friend that's as cranberry crazy as me. She suggested, and I agree, that toasted walnuts put into the crust before adding the filling would add a lovely nutty crunch that would be just AWESOME in this. Amazing looking pie. Can't wait to try it!!

Rebecca S. says:

I'm a new fan and all I have to say is WOW!!!! Forget about that cranberry sauce I was going to make for my very first Thanksgiving Turkey dinner for my in-laws.. HELLOOOOOO cranberry cheesecake! Looks fabulous. I added this to our SAHM of Etsy team Facebook page!! Couldn't help but share with EVERYONE!!!!

-Rebecca Slusarchyk

P.S. I found your blog through The Pioneer Women!

Yum! I love cheesecake, and this one looks amazing.
    Found you through Pioneer Woman :)

If the Pioneer Woman hadn't put this on her site, I would never have seen this. I make pies for a local restaurant, this is going to be a pie I'll spring on them. Thank you so much for sharing. They loved the cranberry topped cheesecake I took down. We'll see if this is a hit, too.

sopranorebecca says:

Just made it and am eating my first piece!

It tastes fabulous but it didn't set all the way…any suggestions?

sopranorebecca says:

Hi Dianne,

Thanks for getting back to me! I left it in the oven for the extra hour but I think I figured it out.

…I was eating a piece warm. I couldn't stand waiting, haha! So, when my husband got home and it had chilled all day it was perfectly set.

Thanks for an amazing recipe!

so where to find the recipes in a format I can just print them off? Am I missing something? I don't see it

Made this today, and it is fabulous! Thanks!

Thank you! I've been looking for dessert ideas for the last few days without inspiration, but that cheesecake pie looks awesome! I love that I can make it ahead of time, so it's definitely going to be made tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

What size pie crust did you use? It looks amazing!

This looked so good, I had to try it! What size package of cream cheese did you use? I used 2 8 oz. packages and ended up with enough filling to fill a 9-inch pie plate and 5 4 oz. ramekins! Yowza! Also, my 30-year-old harvest gold Partridge Family blender couldn't begin to mix/chop the filling. I had to use a food processor. I can't wait to eat a slice!

Diane,
    I made the cheesecake. It was a smashing success. I waxed poetic a little about it on my blog homegrownutah.blogspot.com
    Thanks!
    -Johanna

I just made this for tomorrow's Christmas dinner! There was enough filling leftover that I also made cute little versions of this with my other pie crust and a mini muffin tin for my family to take home with them. OH MY GOSH they are delicious! I never would have thought of cranberries with cheesecake but it's so perfect! Thanks, have a wonder holiday!

Diane- I want to make this for Thankies!! Gorgeous!!

Nettie

is the crust prebaked? or unbaked?

The ingredient list shows 4 Tablespoons but the instructions say 4 teaspoons of flour. Which is it?

I’m so sorry about the mistake. The ingredient list is correct. 4 Tablespoons is the correct amount of flour.
      ~Diane

I can’t believe you answered so quickly! I had gone ahead and used tablespoons, so that was lucky. The pie looks beautiful, can’t wait to eat it today. Thanks for answering, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks!! My mouth is watering!!