This snack is positively going to be a new favorite!
OMG, these are sweet and salty and have a ton of flavor,
they are easy to make
take about 5 minutes…
I knew I was going to make some candied walnuts for the charcuterie board I’m going to make tomorrow.
When I took one look at the rosemary tree in the shape of a Christmas tree I just KNEW I had to use rosemary and make these nuts all Christmas-y!
I couldn’t wait to dive into them and guess what…
They are like CRACK! In a good way of course.
Sweet and salty and I couldn’t stop eating them.
I know these are going to be a favorite all year long.
I used fresh rosemary, you can use dry rosemary if you don’t have fresh available.
This makes a great gift too, so keep this in mind for a last minutes gift idea as well as adding a great flavored nut to a meat and cheese board too.
To make the most ultimate snack, be sure to generously slat it, I use coarse kosher salt… oh, salty-sweet treats have a special place in my heart.
Be sure to try these other slaty sweet snacks:
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- In a frying pan (thick bottom works best, the thin bottom tends to burn the candy quickly) place sugar and butter over high heat.
- Cook until it reaches about 300 degrees, it goes so quickly as there is not a lot of candy in this batch.
- Remove the pan from the heat, pour in nuts and add rosemary and toss with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula until the nuts are completely coated.
- Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet and separate the nuts so they can cool separately without having them all clump together. I use two spatulas to spread them out.
- Salt the nuts.
- They cook rather quickly.
- Once completely cooled place in a candy dish, or wrap for a gift.